(IC) Blasingdell and the Woodlands.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 45 posts
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 15:00
(IC) Blasingdell
The legend of the smith Durgeddin the Black is well known in this region. In each of the small, scattered towns youíve passed through, youíve heard stories of wondrous treasure hidden in long-lost dwarven vaults and a pitiless war of vengeance between dwarf and orc a hundred years past. Durgeddin was a master smith who forged blades of surpassing quality and power. Centuries ago, Durged dinís home was sacked by orcs. Durgeddin led the remnants of his clan to a new stronghold in the mount ains north of the town of Blasingdell and established a small, secret stronghold somewhere in the trackless wilderness. From his hidden redoubt, he waged a decades-long vendetta against all orc-kind, until one day his enemies discovered his fortress and attacked it. Durgeddin and his followers perished, and much wealth was carried away by the conquering hordes. But itís said that the deepest and best-hidden vaults and armories escaped the looting, and that some of Durgeddinís extraordinary blades still wait in the darkness for a hand bold enough to claim one. Youíve come to Blasingdell, a small mining town on the northern frontier, to see if thereís anything to these stories. Your map shows that the old dwarfhold lies about three daysí march to the north of the town. Dark, deeply forested hills rise beyond the townís outskirts. Inside Blasingell there are several buildings. A dry goods area, a inn, a temple as well as other places to investigate. There are some guards moving about on wooden platforms. They let you in as well into the village. There is snow as well and it is rather cold. Its a decent town with a main area, some sort of lodge. There is a dry goods, several farms and several shops as well as a hospice. Also there is a inn.

Thorin Diamondgut
 player, 21 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 15:55
(IC) Blasingdell
Thorin walked through the gates and looked about shaking his frame and letting the snow fall from him. He looked up at the sky as though to curse it. But though it was foul weather, perhaps the weather would be with them. Many animals hibernated in winter, this might make the trek to the lost hold easier than it might be in summer.

He made his way towards the local tavern if there is one if there is no tavern he'd make his way to the local inn. When in civilized lands it often paid to have a visit to such to hear the latest gossip and rumors.

He hoped that there was something left that might help against the orcs. He hated orcs more than anything.
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 player, 10 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 08:48
(IC) Blasingdell
Passing through the gates of town, the halfling carried a cat in his arms as he walked the streets of the town in search of refuge from the chill that had been in the air. It had been quite a journey to get here, and he knew that it was far from over. Three more days of walking would be required to get where he was going, and while the trek to this particular town had been relatively uneventful Perrin assumed that the next leg would be a test of his skills and his nerve.

Wandering about until he got directions, he made his way to the the inn and approached the counter. "How much for room and a meal for the night? Might need an extra blanket for this one," he said while holding up his cat for the innkeeper to see.
Tai Chi
 player, 3 posts
 HP: 36/36; AC: 19
 Fort: 6 Ref: 6 Will: 4
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 16:06
(IC) Blasingdell
Watching the dwarf and halfling, the crow creature tilts his head. He moves along side of them, some of his face hidden beneath his hat. Shuffling his backpack, Tai whistles and looks around before entering the inn. Taking a seat upon the floor, the warrior places his swords upon his lap, with his clawed hands resting upon them. Odd man.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 49 posts
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 16:22
(IC) Blasingdell
Furrowing his brow, the barkeep wipes down a section of the bar. Inside, there are a few tables and chairs. A fire burns in the fireplace. There are three people near it, and they seem to be playing cards. One of them which looks human watches the dwarf, halfling and kenku. He grunts and goes back to playing.

The keep rubs his chin."Yah part of the crew eh dwarf?" He then sits down, washing some mugs. His attention goes to the halfling."Whatcha want for food? As fer the night, 5 silver for the night. Five silver per room iffin you dont sleep all that together."
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 player, 11 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 03:08
(IC) Blasingdell
"I personally don't eat much. Some bread and fruit will be fine with me, and perhaps a saucer of milk for my cat." As he speaks, Perrin rummaged through his bag in search of his coin pouch, and finally finding it he pulled it out to double check how much he had. "Is there just one bed in the room or multiple? That answer will tell us if we need more than one room."