(IC) The Stone Tooth.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 113 posts
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 23:41
(IC) The Stone Tooth
With the group arriving at the Stone Tooth, they follow up a path. It leads up one last steep switchback toward a bare shoulder of rock. The hillside climbs steeply on the groups right side and drops away preipitously on the left. Debris and rubble lie scattered over the last hundred yards or so of the path-discarded waterskins, bits of charred bones and splintered casks or kegs discarded carelessly from the path. Up ahead the path opens up onto a wide ledge and then doubles down back sharply into the mountainside. Two bestial humanoids (orcs) in scalemail stand watch on the ledge. They appear to be inattentive and bored with their duty.

OOC
Make a Spot Check. Also if you want to sneak up make a Hide and Move Silently checks.

Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 25 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 00:12
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Gar, ever alert, was unused to the terrain.....he was a warrior, an dthough his instincts screamed to be on alert, every sight he saw movement with the breeze moving leaves, birds flying or animals moving. His senses overextended, he closed his eyes and focused on his own body, moving slowly and quietly as he could


Gar Irontooth rolled 5 using 1d20+2.  Spot checK

Gar Irontooth rolled 16 using 1d20+2.  Move silently check.
 Gar Irontooth rolled 12 using 1d20+1.  Hide check.

Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 46 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 00:50
(IC) The Stone Tooth
As Landor rounded the switchback, he braced himself as tightly against the mountain. He saw the two orcs on guard duty, but it was always wise to scan the area for other dangers. He hung back since the last time he tried to be stealthy didn’t work so well. He would let the others sneak up on the distracted guards.

18:45, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 17 using 1d20+4.  Spot.
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 45 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 09:10
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Following after Gar, the sorcerer had a difficult time seeing around the much larger individual as they approached, so he hoped that the others were able to spot anything that might be sneaking up on them. He would focus on being one with his allies shadow.

03:07, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 4 using 1d20+1. Spot Check.
03:09, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  Move Silently Check.
03:10, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 20 using 1d20+9.  Hide Check.

Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 72 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 13:03
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Thorin will make his way towards the orcs keeping his bow ready. He used the skills honed from many hunting trips in the woods. Unlike most dwarves he liked the outdoors rather than the musty halls of caves. He kept his visual up and as soon as he thought he had surprise and was in range he would sneak attack one of the orcs.


08:00, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 16 using 1d20+3.  Spot (note +2 more vs Orcs).

08:00, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 21 using 1d20+9.  Move Silently .

08:00, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 27 using 1d20+9.  Hide.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 114 posts
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 17:31
(IC) The Stone Tooth
It seems the orcs are unaware of the party, not even the cleric who stands off in the distance watching! They seem tranfix on talking, but they are a good distance away but anyone who has Orc hears 'Ulfe' often.

The samurai holds his hand up as he is moving and stares at the wall above the orcs. He glances at the group and then points at the wall.

The group is about fifty feet away but the orcs are up highter. They seem to be guarding a large door made of stone.
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 75 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 08:28
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Thorin moves up so that he is within sneak attack range with his bow, he then lets fire an arrow at the Orc


03:26, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 16 using 1d20+6.  Shoot bow at orc.

03:28, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 9 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 3,4.  Short Bow Damage (first die arrow, second sneak).

03:40, Today: Thorin Diamondgut rolled 15 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:40, Sat 05 Jan 2019.

Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 46 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 09:39
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Pulling out his sling, Perrin loaded a stone into it and moved up after Thorin, and then he began to spin the sling. After picking a target, he released the stone so that it flew at same orc that Thorin aimed for.

03:36, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 19 using 1d20+3. Initiative Roll.
03:36, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  Sling Attack vs. AC.
03:37, Today: Perrin Stryfelaughter rolled 2 using 1d3.  Sling Damage.

Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 47 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 14:14
(IC) The Stone Tooth
As the group launched their ambush, Landor will charge at the orcs. His armor weighed him down, so he wouldn’t be able to reach the orcs before they could react to him. Hopefully his companions could take them down before the orcs could sound an alarm.

08:12, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 3 using 1d20+1.  Initiative .
Double move 40 feet closer. Still 10 feet away

This message was last edited by the player at 14:15, Sat 05 Jan 2019.

Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 27 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Sun 6 Jan 2019
at 04:02
(IC) The Stone Tooth
As landor launch into attack, Gar launch s into a run, roaring as he goes and swinging his axe with a great swing...the half orc clearly not subtle or timid. His attack method was forward, focused on hitting hard and fast, and though he was able to take hits, he cou,d deal them out too.


Gar Irontooth rolled 2 using 1d20+1.  Iniative.

Gar Irontooth rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Attack - greataxe.
Gar Irontooth rolled 16 using 1d12+5.  Damage - greateaxe.


Dungeon Master
 GM, 119 posts
Mon 7 Jan 2019
at 02:28
(IC) The Stone Tooth
The orcs are taken off-guard as Tai moves swiftly. In a blur, one of the orcs are decapitated from his blade taking off its head. The other is hit by the arrow and is about to go down but the orc gets to him and hits him in the side, severing the unlucky orc! Tai looks over at what he saw and waits for a moment before taking the one he killed and putting it as well as its head behind a boulder.
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 47 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 07:42
(IC) The Stone Tooth
"Well, this becomes more exhilarating with each passing moment. Though, I fear that my skills in combat are adding little to the table at the moment," commented Perrin as he began looking over the bodies of the dead.
Gar Irontooth
 Barbarian, 28 posts
 HP: 42/42; AC: 16
 Fort: 5; Ref: 1; Wil: 2
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 08:57
(IC) The Stone Tooth
The barbarian, mere steps behind the samurai, comes to a stop. He looks at the headless orc and grunts with a smile. "Looks better that way....but you coulda saved more fun for me." He snorts and moves the other orc behind the boulder.

He brushes his hands. "Try keep some fun for me swords."
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 48 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 12:48
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor walks up and looks at the scene. He glances at the Kenku and the half-orc. “I believe that comes out to one kill a piece. You are both currently tied.”He turns to face Perrin. “It’s ok. I’m sure your time to shine will come soon enough.” He turns to face the entrance. “Shall we?”
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 48 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 12:10
(IC) The Stone Tooth
"Maybe it will, or maybe it won't. Either way, we do seem to be getting quite lucky with the orcs that we come across, aren't we? Hope it continues as we press on." Like all of their other movements, Perrin waited for the more skilled fighters to take point before proceeding forward.
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 76 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 13:24
(IC) The Stone Tooth
"They were lookouts, we should discover their main hold. There are no doubt more orcs to kill." Thorin says gruffly, seemingly annoyed that someone had finished off his orc.

He bent down a moment to look over the orcs to see what they have that might be of interest, unlikely as it is they might have a key or something else they need later.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 120 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 16:10
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Oddly, the raven grabs one of the arrows and points it up at something along the wall. Arrow slots. He puts the arrow away, shaking his head and watches the slots.

As the group ponders what to do, standing in front of them are two massive doors.

The doors are 8 feet wide and almost 10 feet tall. The arrow slots are high on the north and south walls commandering this area. Marble steps cracked with age and veined with green moss lead up to strong double-doors of carved stone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:14, Thu 10 Jan 2019.

Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 49 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 16:22
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor looked at the doors then the arrow slits. “Well anybody know how to magically open doors? My guess is that it is barred on the other side. We need to figure out a way to get them to open the doors. Most likely when they see that the lookouts are gone, they will open the doors to have someone scout the area for them. The problem is that they will definitely have archers ready to shoot.”

This message was last edited by the player at 16:22, Thu 10 Jan 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 122 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 16:43
(IC) The Stone Tooth
The samurai watches the arrow slots intently and goes against the side of the mountain, probably to avoid the arrows with them above. He motions for the others to go against the wall but then one of the arrow slots gets fired from, slamming into the dirt in front of the dwarf. Two more arrows are fired from different locations. All of them miss their marks, the other arrows going at the half-orc and human.

OOC
Initiative.
I gave the group a +2 to AC since they know of the slots. AC goes back to normal.

Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 50 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 21:12
(IC) The Stone Tooth
Landor looks back at the arrow slits with an annoyed look on his face. He turns to face them and holds up his shield. “I would advise you to stand down orcs if you value your lives.”

15:10, Today: Landor Halbrek rolled 10 using 1d20+1.  Initiative .