(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 11 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 19:07
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn nods as Tukhirk explains their business and confirms their interest in the call for assistance that has gone out from Nodnol.

"More details would be good," he says. "Like how much the job pays."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 9 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 19:26
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar takes a few steps back from the gate so he can get a better look at the two men on the wall. He stifles a yawn with his arm and calls up to the men. "Maybe we could have this talk over some breakfast. We have traveled quite a way."
Londin Shilliy
 Elf Bard, 4 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 21:24
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Londin looks down as Trepa rubs against her, she extends her hand and begins the scratch at the panthers fur with a smile.


She looks up at the two that have addressed the group.


"Everything my companions have said I second.  Let us in and lets get some food.  We can iron out details over a shared meal."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 451 posts
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 15:09
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
If they heard the rogue, they pay little heed to it least for now. They talks for a moment, muttering to each other. They disseapear down a side ramp and after a moment, the duel-doors are open "Who leads you?"

The halfling steps up ahead of them, moving at a fast pace. She looks up at the two guards, eyes narrow. The blade upon her back almost hits the ground as she stops.

"You mean...." The guards look at eachother then look at the group "Food and lodging will be provided. We do need the help but cannot say without permission what has occured. My apologies. But what we say is dire-evil has come." They look nervous, probably knowing more then they say.

The older man finally speaks out, resting a hand over the young guard "Go on now. Inn is in the center of the town. Watch the skies and do not go to the lake. Stay away from the woodlands. Be safe."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 12 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 16:56
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn squints a little at the two men, not appreciating their lack of specificity regarding the problems facing the town. He's a bit skeptical of their instructions as well, but figures the inn is probably the best place for them to find out more.

He glances at the others. "Sounds scary. Let's head to the inn and try and figure out what's going on around here, eh?"

He steps past the doors and starts walking toward the center of town at a relaxed pace, using his quarterstaff as a walking stick, looking like some typical pilgrim or traveler. From time to time, he looks up at the sky.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 10 posts
Thu 24 Dec 2020
at 05:45
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"To the inn, then," Ralgar says somewhat apprehensively at the lack of details from the guards. He pushes the gate open for Oswyn and follows behind him, dragging his feet. "Any place that gives free food can't be too bad, huh?"
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 44 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Fri 25 Dec 2020
at 20:19
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods. "To the inn. Let's eat something and get some details about that dire-evil in the town..."
The half orc druid wonders about the reason for warning about the lake and the woodlands. If there are wolf animals there, they can't be much more dangerous than the ones found in the woods around the town.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 453 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 22:54
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian takes the lead which is rather odd but she's definatly swift. Her sword swings behind her and stops as she looks around. The others follow suit, going across the village. They spot several farmsteads, but no one outside and their windows boarded up or closed. It seems eery. Nothing come out of the woodlands  surrounding the group besides a small road. They soon get to the center of town. Several old buildings line it, some with second floors. Still-all are boarded up or closed tightly. A man sits outside near a open doorway, with a pipe smoking it. He glances at the odd group and then up into the sky. Its cloudy and somewhat dark but there's enough light. The man stands up and motions for them to come over.
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 14 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 02:13
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn moves toward the man who's motioning to the group.

"Good day, right?" he says. "This the inn or what?"

He glances up at the sky, mindful of the warning the group received.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 12 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 02:22
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
With his mind on a warm bowl of stew, Ralgar takes a second to realize the party has stopped to talk to this old man. Seeing Oswyn and the man looking skyward, he also glances up, having to lean back because of his stocky neck. He steps closer to the man, and speaks up, following Oswyn's question. "And if it's not the inn, could you point us to it?"
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 45 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 22:03
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk walks silently with Trepa by his side. He looks around trying to understand the kind of people that lives here while the panther send to be doing the same, but smelling all fragrances that come to it.
He doesn't seem to be paying a lot of attention, so when the group stops he only says
"Did we find the inn already?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:03, Sun 03 Jan.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 457 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2021
at 22:37
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The halfling glances up at the rogue and shakes her head. She grunts and moves towards the man.

The man leans against the wall and opens the door "Yes this is the inn. And this isn't a good day or night. Least not here. Go on, not much to offer but its a roof over your head."

Riki glances at the others, adjusting her big sword and waits.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 46 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sun 24 Jan 2021
at 13:25
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nous at the man and enters the inn. Trepa walks towards the door but after the half orc gives him a look, the panther moves around and sits in a nearby place between two wooden barrels.
"Hello, would you have some food for a group of travellers that just arrived in town?" says Tukhirk at the person behind the counter.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 13 posts
Mon 25 Jan 2021
at 04:08
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar thanks the man with a slight bow, and makes his way inside, following Tukhirk to the counter. With a slight grunt, Ralgar heaves himself up onto a bar stool. He leans his guisarme against the bar and waits for the barkeep to acknowledge Tukhirk. "Something warm would be preferable." Ralgar spins himself around on the stool and looks out across the room and takes in the crowd.

23:07, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 9 using 1d20+2.  Perception

He turns his head back to the barkeep over his shoulder. "While you're dishing up the food, is there anything you could tell us about what's been going on around here?"
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 15 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Tue 26 Jan 2021
at 20:02
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn joins Ralgar at the bar, eyeing the food and drink. He's not picky and will settle for just about anything the place has to offer.

"Yeah," he adds after Ralgar speaks. "Seems like it's pretty grim in these parts, eh?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 461 posts
Thu 11 Feb 2021
at 01:49
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Inside the inn, its a small room with a bar, some tables and a spiral staircase leading up to a second floor with several closed doors above. A fireplace with a lit fire rests oddly in the center. A innkeeper-rough looking man with a eyepatch leans against the bar after wiping it down. The area is relatively old but well kept. He stares at the group and upon seeing the panther, he speaks "Outside with it!" The man barks out as Riki enters. She growls at him, eyes narrowed as she lays the large sword on a nearbye table "Strange bunch comin' on in here. Watcha want eh? Don't just stand there ." He mutters as the halfling keeps staring at him.

Coming down the stairs is another man. His clothes are a bit better and he has a small cane "I assume you have heard the summons?" He gets down to the bottom "Pardon. I am Mayor Hawkin."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 14 posts
Fri 12 Feb 2021
at 03:59
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Seeing the nicely-dressed man enter the room, Ralgar gives him a slight wave. "'ello Mayor Hawkin. We have heard your call, and we are here to save your town," he turns back to the barkeep, "and eat your food and drink." Ralgar turns back to the Mayor. "We asked your barkeep here, but he hasn't been of much help. Now, can someone tell us what the hell is going on and why are people afraid of the sky?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 462 posts
Fri 12 Feb 2021
at 09:45
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"How bout yer get back here and make it yerself yah good for nothing...." The barkeep definatly seems offended by the fighter "Yah walk in here with that hell of a attitude. So why don't yer keep that trap shut? Yah walk in here act like yer run this joint. You want food, he wants food. Anyone else want bloody food? Yah walk into my place and want to know what the hell is going on...." He looks down at the halfling that keeps staring at him "What?"

The halfling keeps on staring, her hands clenched and she sits down on the ground looking smaller then she did beforehand. Riki whistles to try to get Ralgar's attention.

The mayor catches her attention as well but she doesn't seem like the talkative type least not for now and not towards strangers. He raises his hand up "Please stop alright? We've been under much stress. Don't pay him any mind-he's been through hell and back. Relax I say. Come, sit around the fire. Please. Fetch us some mead and stew when you get a chance alright? Put it on my tab. Its good, you know that." Despite the aggrivation slowly creeping up, he stands near a table towards the center, the halfling looks up at the 'tall man'. Course everyone is taller them herself! "Its his establisment so no animals."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 47 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Tue 16 Feb 2021
at 22:55
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods at the words of the mayor "We understand, Mayor Hawkin. Your town has been in need for many suns and people are tired and stressed."
He considers for a second making an analogy about animals behaving similarly, but discards that idea.
"We've had a very long trip here and it has not been easy. We are willing to help your town get rig of whatever thing is threatening it, and we thank you for your kindness about some hot food while you give us the details."
The man smiles showing the mayor his tusks, that are much bigger than what it should be right for a regular human.
Trepa stays out of the establishment sitting calmly not far from the entrance.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 15 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2021
at 02:08
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar slides off the barstool with an extended grunt. "As Tukhirk said, sorry about the commotion. We want to help, but our feet are sore and our stomachs are empty. I would love to discuss the details over a warm bowl of stew." He grabs his weapon and makes his way over to where the Mayor is and extends a rough hand. "Name's Ralgar."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 16 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Wed 17 Feb 2021
at 16:58
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn moves over to the mayor's table. His hands quickly check the hilts of his shortswords under his cloak, before he sits down without ceremony, awaiting the food and drink provided by the mayor.

"Appreciate the grub," he says. "So, tell us more."
Mayor Hawkin
 NPC, 3 posts
Sun 21 Feb 2021
at 15:18
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The keep brings out some stew and ale. He puts them on a table, and the halfling stares up at him. Her eyes narrow on the man and then the mayor. Slowly, she leans upwards and grabs the stew, dropping it in front of her.

Rubbing his chin, the mayor sits down once everyone is seated. He takes the ale, letting his fingers run along its sides "For some time, everything was peaceful. We have plenty of food and drink and everyone seems happy. But soon creatures started to come at night. Flying down upon us without mercy or compassion. Yet only one was taking away each night. Some were killed within the confines of this providence. I do not know why. Some villagers heard screams from a nearybe castle but none knew what caused them. People refused to leave their homes. And a beast has been heard of coming out of the woodlands. Everyone that face it was killed. Torn apart, bits and pieces thrown around like some crazed beast. The keeps daughter was taken as well. Horrible." He takes a sip of ale.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 16 posts
Mon 22 Feb 2021
at 04:38
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar shifts in his chair. "Flying creatures that can pluck a man from the ground, huh?" He chuckles. "I'm not sure how useful my spear will be against something I can't reach." He picks up the bowl of stew and takes a big slurp. "Aaahhh. Where's this castle you're speaking of?"

GM: Did we see a castle on our way to the town?
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 48 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Tue 23 Feb 2021
at 11:55
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods silently at the words of the mayor.
"Those are truly disturbing news, sir. Those flying creatures... could anyone give us a description of what they look like?"
He hesitates for a second.
"What I'm about to request it might be quite hard for you or your people to accept and I'll understand if you decline it, but we could understand what beast is attacking your people if we could examine the wounds and the dead bodies of some of the victims..."
He looks at the mayor in the eyes and tries to look assuring to him.
"In any case once we catch our breath here I think we can go have a look at the castle you mentioned if you point us in the right direction."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 17 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Wed 24 Feb 2021
at 00:19
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn nods as the mayor tells his story, pausing long enough to take a sip from his ale and to gobble some food. His table manners are somewhat lacking and one might think the man hadn't had a good drink or meal in quite some time, though that was not the case.

He nods a little more vigorously at his companion's suggestions. "Yep, it would make sense to look at the bodies, or go to that castle," he says quietly.

He looks to the mayor. "How long since the latest attack, eh? Anything 'fresh' at which me can take a looksee?"