(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 191 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 15:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The rogue slinks into the forest as the mage and gunslinger keep moving. As they arrive in the marketplace, it looks like the normal gathering area. Nothing creeping out. The halfling seems to try to get his animals sold, trying to convice some passerbyes to take a look. Some do, some don't. A little girl holds a cat that her parents just purchesed and seems to be happy. Several people go from tents to tents, market stalls to market stalls unaware of what may or may not be brewing. The mayor's wife stands in her doorway, watching the halfling sell his exotic living wares. Humphree sits with a young man, trying to see what he has. Though the cleric doesn't seem to be in the immediate area. It just a bright, cheery day....
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 119 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 15:34
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha seems relieved that nothing creepy as what they just witnessed has happened in town. She turns to the other two.
"We should warn the mayor. Or ask his wife who is the person we should talk to if he's not available. There are already several corpses behind us, and we don't know if there are more o this disturbed people crawling around the area..."
She waits for the others to speak up their mind before heading to the mayor's house.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 193 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 16:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage keeps walking but doesn't say a word acting like the gunslinger isn't there. She made one hell of a commotion about the tiger and the mage when they first met and that seems to not have been forgotten. The tiger decides to stay with the mage. Some back away, others just stare at them. Of course, the tiger has blood all over it-same as Xander. He walks up to the woman and before he has a chance to speak, her eyes grow wide "What happened?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 120 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 09:24
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha takes a second to decide how to explain it.
"We've been attacked. Several times. And we think it may happen in town, not only to us, but to any of the villagers."
She points at Xander.
"He got attacked by the mill. Apparently a disturbed person nearly killed him. Then two more came out of the woods that seemly suffered from the same condition and attacked us again. We had to defend ourselves."
Then with a deeper tone continued.
"And by the road on the way here another one. He had attacked one of your neighbors. He seemed to be eating the poor man alive. We tried to stop him but was too late... I know your husband is not feeling well, but seems there is some kind of plague about to hit the town, and we need to talk to whoever can mobilise and organise the folks. To work on their health so they don't become what we've seen and to make sure the rest are safe otherwise."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 194 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 12:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The woman seems to hardly believe Talitha, but with the tiger and mage bloody she does. She glances at each of them "I do not want to endanger anyone and believe you, so I can announce for now everyone should remain in their homes. My husband..." She glances back behind her as someone comes down a flight of stairs "You should be in bed. Your..." He lunges at her and she stumbles back towards the mage and gunslinger. His mouth is open, eyes dark and full of rage. She stumbles outside and goes to close the door but he is stronger gripping the door and snaps at her "Help!" She pleads at Xander and Talintha as she holds the door but her strength is waining.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 121 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 16:15
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha immediately helps the woman and between both they try to keep the door closed.
"He's sick as well! We can't let him leave the house!"
She looks at Xander waiting for him to do something.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 48 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 22:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet patiently holds his hidden position, keenly (hopefully) scouting the area for danger.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 195 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 23:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Both of the woman try to close the door but they fail. The creature hold the door open and swings at them, hitting Talitha with a fist at her hands hard! Xander swings his staff up and hits in him the face. It stumbles backwards and the door slams shut. The tiger growls, staring at the door and moves around as if aggrivated. The mage puts a hand onto the tiger's head and it calms down to a degree "Is there anyone else inside?"

The woman goes to gently take the injured gunslingers hand and pulls out a hankerchief, holding it there. It looks badly bruised and she wraps it up, glancing at the mage "No no. And...." The woman eyes begin to tear up "We need to get him help."

A man approach the mayor's home hearing the commotion. But suddenly, someone rushes out of a allyway. Blood and gore cover its hands. It leaps at him and he is thrown to the ground as the creature rips into his chest with unknown strength. He screams in pain as the creature bites hard upon his head, tearing and ripping into him. Blood and gore fly out of him. Within seconds, the tiger charges it. It slams into the creature, and its claws tear into it.

Upon seeing this, several people rush into their homes. The halfling gets up onto his wagon, trying to get the old man up there as well as three more of the sick creatures enter the marketplace and spot the two halflings. These move faster then the others as the halfling keeps trying to get him up.


OOC
Tal take 6 damage

So at the mayors house Tal, the tiger and the mage are outside with the mayors wife with the two dead bodies.

Nearbye, probably about 70' away is the halfling trying to get the old man on the wagon as hes on top of it and three more zombies are rushing at them about 40' away

Xander, Tal: 100' from the marketplace

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 123 posts
 HP 05/12; AC 18
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 08:17
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha gives the wife a very hard look. She suspects she knew about this illness but tried to cover it to protect his sick husband.
Anyway, she doesn't say a word.
She takes one of her healing portions hand drinks it. Then runs towards the wagon as the of those disturbed people move towards it.
Before running, tells the wife "Can you keep the door closed? I have to go."
Then to the mage "Are you coming?"
She doesn't wait for the answer.
Where the hell is Hamlet? is the only thing she manages to think while running.

08:09, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 5 using 1d8+1.  Healing potion.

Double move: 40' from the zombies

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:52, Sun 22 Nov 2020.

Xander Balus
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 18:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage stays where he is, and holds his staff upwards. He mutters a spell as a magical missile flies out of his staff hitting one of the zombies.

Growling, the tiger moves quickly, getting between the gunslinger and the zombies.

OOC
Zombie 1 ??/05
Zombie 2 ??/??
Zombie 3 ??/??

Talitha is 40' from the zombies and the halflings
Xander is 100' away protecting the mayor's wife
The tiger is 30' from the zombies.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 49 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 18:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet sneaks to the corner of a building (w/in 30ft of a zombie), draws his bow, sets his aim on one of the attackers, and lets an arrow fly...

OOC
12:57, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 4,6 using d8+1,d6.
12:56, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 15 using 1d20+7.  Shortbow attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 202 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 19:52
(IC) Village of Mapleville
A arrow flies out from the side of the buildings hitting one of the zombies as Hamlet makes himself known!

Tal moves towards the zombies.

The tiger moves fast, closing the distance.

Xander fires off a magic missile, hitting one of the zombies. The mayor's wife turns and runs towards the temple!

One of the zombies grips onto the shoe of the old halfling and rips him down to the ground. The man is literally ripped in half as two of the zombies tear into him!

The one who was hit by the magic and arrow stumbles back and turns seeing the rogue! It charges at him! It slams a hard punch, hitting him on his right side!
Hamlet take 7 damage

"NO!" The halfling yells out seeing the old man torn apart as he stands on top of the wagon! Taking a deep breath, he leaps off the wagon and hits the ground hard but clutches his ankle.

It is good at least that everyone is inside. Zella opens the door, holding a frying pan and her eyes go wide! "Get away from him!" as she sees the halfling on the ground as well as all the chaos erupting.

OOC
Group is up!
-------------------------------------------------
Zombies (19)
Zombie 1 ??/15
*Standing next to Hamlet

Zombie 2 ??/??
*Near the wagon
Zombie 3 ??/??
*Near the wagon
-------------------------------------------------
Hamlet (17)
*30' from zombie 2 and 3
*Zombie 1 is 5'

Tal (17)
*40' from the zombies

Tiger (16)
*30' from the zombies

Xander (15)
*100' from the zombies

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 50 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 21:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet disengages, steps back out of the reach of this creature and fires another arrow at it.

OOC:
15:12, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 6 using 1d8+1.  Shortbow damage.
15:11, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+7.  Shortbow attack.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 125 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 21:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha narrows her eyes and takes a deep breath. Walks towards Hamlet, not rushing her pace.
She aims with her eyes, not with her hand. She holds her gun steady and shots at the attacker closer to him.

Move action: move 30' to get to 20' from zombie 1.
Standard action: shoot it.

21:33, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 15,3 using 1d20+8,1d8+1.  Ranged touch attack, damage. 

Dungeon Master
 GM, 204 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet takes a step back, wincing from his wound and fires. The arrow hits the zombie in its mouth. It falls to the ground, dead once more.

Looking over at the rogue, the gunslinger goes to raise the pistol up but seeing it was taken care of, moves forwards and fires at one of the zombies. It hits his right arm but doesn't kill it.

The tiger moves and gets to one of the zombies. Its claws slam into the zombie, crushing it.

Xander grips his staff and moves forwards, watching the area. When he spots Zella he speaks "Get inside!"

The halfling looks wide eyed as he hears the shot and sees the huge tiger rips into the zombie! He gets up and limps towards the inn. Zella hears Xander but helps the man inside and slams the door shut.

OOC
Group is up!
-------------------------------------------------
Zombies (19)
Zombie 1 DEAD
Zombie 2 ??/03
*Near the wagon
Zombie 3 DEAD
-------------------------------------------------
Hamlet (17)
*30' from zombie 2 and 3

Tal (17)
*20' from the zombies

Tiger (16)
*5' from the zombies

Xander (15)
*40' from the zombies

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 126 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha raises her gun again. She shoots with her mind, not with her hand, as she's been thought to.
After she shoots she retreats to avoid getting attacked by the disturbed man.

Standard action: attack the last zombie.
23:17, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 27,9 using D20+8,d8+1 ((19,8)). Ranged touch attack, damage.

Move action: retreat 30'

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 51 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet winces, but steps back to the corner of the building, draws another arrow and looses it at the remaining creature.

OOC:
17:30, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 11 using 1d20+7.  Shortbow attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 206 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 13:28
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The shot is fired, hitting the last zombie and it howls at her! Before it has a chance to move, the tiger jumps at it. Its claws rip into its chest.

Xander whistles as he approaches, and the tiger moves over to him. The mage takes a breather, as there's no danger at the moment.

After some time, the mayor's wife arrives with Pike and several others armed with sickles, pitchforks and some other odd weapons used for farming. Most of them looks rather confused about what is going on. They wife and Pike talk for a moment and they move towards her house but she stops.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:07, Mon 23 Nov 2020.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 52 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 15:28
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet quickly gathers his arrows and finds one of them is broken.  Cursing under his breath, he snaps off the arrowhead and places it in his pack.  He then begins gathering natural materials at the forest edge and prepares his camouflage (takes 1 minute).  He then moves to the area around the mayor's house and scouts for a nearby tree that he could hide in...

OOC:
09:27, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Perception: looking for sniper's nest near mayor's house.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 128 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 23:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the dead bodies on the floor. There are the three disturbed People that attacked then and the poor old man that was killed.
As the folks appear back, the gunslinger asks them.
"Do you know them? are they neighbors? We have been attacked by similar people, clearly mad, on our way from three lake. You all folks should stay together and make sure you're safe in care there are more roaming around. It seems this illness is spreading. Now if you allow me..."
Then she walks to where pike and the wife are. There are to many questions and she doesn't even know where to start.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:12, Tue 24 Nov 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 207 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 00:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
One of the farmers stare at the gunslinger "How do we know what caused this? Maybe you started it." His eyes narrow, gripping a sickle "You came into our home and now your telling us what to do? Your a child! I think you caused all of this! Killing all them people!" He grips his sickle tightly, eyes narrowed "Or the tiger man. Maybe the archer. Perhaps all of them!"

Within seconds, the tiger is between the gunslinger and the one farmer. It growls as Xander approaches, gripping his staff. He looks like he wants to say something but a massive hand grips the farmers shoulder tightly as the farmer drops the sickle. And in comes the big blacksmith.

The blacksmith grips the man and he slowly leans forwards as he seems to be in pain. He drops down, looking up at the blacksmith "I suggest you keep your mouth shut." The voice is quiet as he grips his smith's hammer.

Gulping, the farmer backs off and stumbles to his feet. The smith glances at the mage and the gunslinger "You alright?"

Xander nods and the tiger watches the farmer before sitting down at the sylph's feet licking its wounds.

The smith watches Tal "You walk in here, all this happened and it seems your ordering them around. I don't believe you caused this but others may think otherwise. He's upset, most of us are." He goes to gently press a hand to her shoulder "I some of them. Not that one." He points at the one that hit the rogue and looks back at Tal "You got little sway with them. I will talk to them, and know most of them alright?"

The rogue slinks about, finds a decent tree and skitters up it.

Looking over at her, Pike walks up to them and nods her head "I don't know what caused this and my mentor left yesterday putting the temple under my coverage. I'd say we should all go to the temple. Its safe. Shall we?" She bites her lip as the mayor's wife sits down and sobs as a villager kneels down. Pike kneels down, gently pressing her hand against her and the mayor's wife pulls away "He died because of you! Get away!" The gnome whispers something to her and she stands up "We should go to the temple. Safe inside. Did you see anyone else?"

Xander speaks out in a quiet tone "Inn has some people inside. I will see if they will come." The tiger stands up. Pike nods her head.

For a little while, the door is getting slammed into but then it stops. Her husband looks out from the window, with a bloody head and hits the window clawing at it. The smithy grips his hammer as a villager grips a pitchfork.

"I will take them to the smithy, see what we got for weapons." The smithy looks at the villagers and he motions for the small amount of them to follow even the one who accused the newcomers. They slowly move off, same as Xander and his tiger leaving the gunslinger, the mayor's wife and Pike outside the mayor's home.

For the first time, its relatively quiet and the sunlight begins to sink into the horizon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:16, Tue 24 Nov 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 129 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 11:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha seems a little bit confused.
"Sorry if I sounded like I was ordering you to do something."
She sounds a little bit bitter when she continues speaking.
"I was just trying to help."
She bites her lip for a couple of seconds, considering her next words... Then turns to the blacksmith and talks to him.
"There is something very wrong going on here. Please talk to them and keep them safe. If you go to the smithy that would be a very good idea. Make sure they can defend themselves properly."

Shortly after the blacksmith leaves and so does Xander. she's alone with the wife and Pike. "I don't know what's going on here, but whatever happened to your husband has already happened to some other people in here. I'm sorry about your loss, but we need to make sure that the rest of the people in town are kept safe. I'm sure your husband would have agreed."
Then talking to Pike "Let's all go to the temple and have a look if we can keep the people safe in there."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 53 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 17:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet settles into his spot in the tree and keeps watch for the time being...
Dungeon Master
 GM, 210 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 02:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
The gunslinger, cleric and mayors wife head towards the temple. Hamlet still remains in the tree. He watches the blacksmith and some villagers heading to the blacksmith as well as the mage and tiger heading towards the inn. All is quiet. Everyone goes in seperate directions and the rogue soon cannot see anyone else. As he happens to look around keeping his watch, he makes out something moving through the woods heading towards the marketplace.

TEMPLE: Talitha
The temple is silent. No signs of life comes from it. Pike leads them to the main door and pulls out a key, unlocking it and motions for Tal and the wife to enter.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 54 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 03:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet shifts in the tree in order to hide better from whatever it is coming from the woods.  He knocks an arrow and tries to make out who or what it is.

OOC:
21:45, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+9.  Stealth.
21:47, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Perception.