(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 57 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 06:32
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha feels a little bit disappointed about the visit to the temple. She was expecting a more talkative kind of person taking care of the temple, and she didn't get any information from here.
She's starting to suspect that Father not only asked her to come here to close the deal to help her breathe a little bit, but because he didn't want to deal with all this complexities in the commercial side of his business.
Anyway, when Maria proposes going back to the tavern she sees no problem at all.
"I think I need a drink, but I can get drunk until I close this deal with the mayor.

Edit
When they arrive at the tavern and the tiger is at the entrance Talitha gets her hand close to her weapon casually and goes cros the door ready to defend herself if needed.
Once inside the tavern she talks to the innkeeper
"You're lucky you're the only inn in town. Keeping a tiger at the front door would make you run out of business wire quickly... Anyway, this mage that is starting here is kind of weird, and very confident that his tiger do not bother the rest of the customers or folks in town. Definitely an odd man."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:05, Mon 14 Sept 2020.

Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 15 posts
 AC: 19 FF: 14 TC: 16
 CMD: 16 HP: 10/10
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 23:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria grumbles upon seeing the tiger in front of the door, "Really? He might as well have brought the damnable thing into the tavern. Would definitely cause less issues than this..." She goes around the side of the building and bangs on a door, "Humphree, you've got an overgrown cat blocking the front, and I'm too short to jump over it. Can you let me in?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 105 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2020
at 00:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The tiger looks up, blocking the entrance into the tavern. It stands up, growling at Tal as she has her hand near the gun. Its eyes narrow, back haunching upwards. Its maw alone looks like it rip apart a limb easily. The innkeeper doesn't seem present as the tiger tenses up. A whistling sound is heard from inside and the mage comes down from upstairs. It tenses up and then relaxes, moving into the tavern. Xander walks up to it, and kneels down. It rubs against him and the innkeeper comes down the steps from the upper floors. She crosses her arms over her chest "Put the tiger outside. Go on. Blocking the entrance, shame on you." The tiger lets out a yawn and the mage guides the tiger outside, telling it to heel and sit.

Xander goes back inside staring at the gunslinger "Excuse me? You look at someone that is different and then you insult them when you don't know them."

The innkeeper steps between them and looks at Xander "Your both are guests. So please stop alright?"

Xander's eyes seem to glow a blueish coloer then dim. He nods his head to the innkeeper "My apologies. This is your residence." Tilting his head he bows slightly and steps away, sitting at the bar with a piece of cloth on top of something.

The innkeeper looks at Tal. "Well then, I suggest you apologize as well alright? All that judgment doesn't do you any good no? I'm a big burly woman-are you going to say something bout my weight? No you won't. You seem to hang around a new friend there right? So going to say something bout her height? So why judge someone you don't really know?" The innkeeper seems to stand her ground, adjusting her apron "Not trying to be rash my dear, not at all. But looking at people without knowing them is not right. Not at all." She goes to rest her hand upon the human's arm "Come and sit alright?" She glances at the sylph "Got something to show her dear? Go on."

Xander looks at them then down at the cloth. Its about the size of a 2'x3' something.

Humphree looks over from his tent and puts down his odd glasses. He watches as Maria tries to find a different way in and he chuckles at this and speaks out loudly "Maria? Get yer over here. I don't run that dang tavern. Forget already?" When he sees the tiger and Tal looking like it was about to make her dinner, he closes his eyes "No no no.." And when he opens it, the tiger is against the side of the tavern, laying down in the shade seemung to be asleep "Well then well yes. Come on over Maria. Get over here lass." He stands up, motioning for her to come over.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:39, Tue 15 Sept 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 60 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 21:35
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha listens carefully to what Zella says and the reasoning from Xander carefully… and starts laughing. Laughing very hard
“Really? Are you playing the racist card with me for this? Do you think I think you are weird because of how you look?” she keeps laughing
“Well… let me explain to you why I think you are weird. It’s not because of how you look, but because of how you behave.”
She stops laughing and her face turns more severe.
“The first time I saw you, you were putting your nose in a book, not even caring about your surroundings or anyone in the room. I’ve met a lot of people that are so in love with their books that they do not even look at other people when talking to them. And I do not belittle them or think they are bad people. They are indeed good customers, so no complaints from my side. But tell me that not looking at people when talking to them is normal, because everyone I know looks in the eyes when talking to other people. At that moment I found it amusing, and I even liked you.
She shrugs her shoulders.
”And tell me I was wrong and you weren’t planning to visit the bookshop in town or the library even if just out of curiosity. Please.”
She stops talking to the mage for a second and while she looks at the innkeeper she keeps muttering “Your look really? Me? Racist?”
After a second she puts her furious eyes in Xander again.
“But then you sir come here with a huge deadly tiger and you leave it roaming around the town freely. I understand you are confident that it is harmless. I have the best aim with my crafted weapon that any creature in the country could have. I am confident that I could shoot to the other side of the street 40 feet from here and hit that nail that stands out in the wall. But I am not shooting at things unnecessarily because I understand that accidents happen. It’s not about how confident you are on your pet, it's about being able to understand the risks. There are kids that challenge each other to throw stones to the monster, a drunk man that shows up and get into a fight, and a thousand other scenarios where an animal that obviously can tear a human limb is not a wise idea. Yes, having a deadly animal as a pet is weird, but not realising that it is very dangerous and leaving it roaming free in a populated area is not only weird, it is reckless. So that’s why I think you are weird. Because of your weird and reckless behaviour... I couldn’t care less about your looks”
Her face has been turning red as she was speaking. She finalises with a very sarcastic tone, while she makes wild gesticulations with her arms.
“And now sir, please go and leave you huge deadly tiger outside in the street if you please because that’s what normal people do. Actually what don’t you send it to play with the kids? For sure that is completely safe and no accidents never happened when huge felines were playing with little kids that have no boundaries. If you think that is completely safe it’s because it is and I will not think you are weird for having a complete lack of prevision or care about the people that might get hurt. Now if you excuse me I’ll go to my room… Sorry Maria not in the mood of a drink anymore.”
Then she storms out, gets in the inn and with a fiercer face than the tiger’s she walks up the stairs and disappears in her room.
For those who can listen while she leaves to her room, she keeps muttering “Racist, really? me?” all the way up the stairs.

OOC: Calling her racist was not a good idea imo hahahaha. Sorry I wanted to write this since yesterday but I needed time lol.
Btw, Xander might be 120% confident on how much he can control his tiger, but a first level familiar has the intelligence and self control of an average creature of that species

Dungeon Master
 GM, 110 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 22:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage remains where he is, watching this woman. He looks at Zella and goes outside without a word. The tiger stands up, and Xander climbs up on it as he leaves with it leaving the item on the bar. He doesn't say a word to Tal, knowing it would make things far worse and thinking she wants nothing to do with him.

Zella takes off her apron, putting it on the counter and grabs the key if needbe, walks up to the second floor following after her. She pulls out her coin purse, with the money she provided and holds it out to her "Please speak with the mayor when you can. You are not welcome here, I am afraid. You insulted me and Xander, and he had left. Is that what you wish? I mean no offense at all and you act like a child, running away. And by the way...." Zella holds out the painting which is that of Tal that Xander painted and it looks impressive. "He does a marvelous job and did it for nothing. You should be ashamed by your actions. No one called you racist. You liked him and ended up insulted him. He was ashamed. I did not agree with the tiger but he kept it under control." She sighs before turning to leave "Perhaps you will meet him again and will think about my words. I have spoken to him in the past, and he was kind and considerate. All of this because you didn't agree with the tiger. He keeped it under control at least for now and it did not harm anyone. You didn't know him." She glances at her, tears forming on her eyes "Good day." The door is closed and Zella goes back down.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:14, Wed 16 Sept 2020.

Humphree
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 22:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gnome watches Xander takes off on his tiger and looks over at Maria probably not hearing anything that happened. He rubs his chin "Maria?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 61 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 08:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stops as Zella talks to her and she looks at her hand with the money in it in disbelief. Talitha's eyes are in the verge of tears, and as she bites her lip with a broken voice tells the innkeeper
"You can keep the money as compensation for whatever insult you recall I said to you or this establishment. I'm sorry if you think it had something to do with you. I'll pick up my things and leave."
She goes in silence to her room, picks her stuff and leaves in silence. She looks very upset and leaves without waiting for Maria.

Talitha will go to the market for a walk and to check the different shops, while she waits for the time when she's meeting the mayor.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 111 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 10:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"It has everything to do with me. You insulted another guest and myself. He left without a word instead of arguing with a child which is how you acted. Shall I put you over my knee and bang your bottom? You have no right to speak to me or anyone else in that tone. Yet you did. All of this because a tiger that never harmed anyone, for a man who barely said a word to you. It was trained and would not harm anyone despite how you felt-I understand how you feel but telling him he did not realize it was completely wrong. The man knows exactly what it is capable of and leashing it would make it act exactly what you want You could have gone about it in a different fashion, not raising your voice and talk to him like a civilized adult but that is now how it went. I truly understand how you felt but the way you went about it was completely wrong. You just blew up instead of acting like a adult. Some day I hope you truly understand the gravity of the situation. I do not know anything about you but when you entered this establishment and said the things you said-it has everything to do with me." Zella puts the money and tosses it over to her "Please leave." The tears on her face have grown but it her tone is simple. Not yelling "Go." She grabs a cloth and wipes the bar, trying to focus and goes over to some chairs. The woman puts them where they should be and starts to clean up.

OUTSIDE:
Maria is probably standing there looking confused as the gnome walks up to her.

Everything outside is going about normal now with several people mingling now going about doing their daily tasks. Some people nod to Maria and wave.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:13, Fri 18 Sept 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 62 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 20:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha trying to keep a proud position won't take the money, leaving it in the counter wherever Zella has left it.

She walks to the market and tries to focus on something else. She goes to the shops and checks with several shop owners where she can get some food that is not the tavern and of the is any other place to stay as well.
She checks which shops sell consumables as well (potions, flasks, etc.). Not because she'll but anything at this point, but to put her mind somewhere else.
Once it's close to dinner time when the mayor's wife told her to come back she'll go again to the mayor's house.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 113 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 14:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Some of the people give the gunslinger free food, not asking for anything in return. There's no potion place that she finds, just some odd trinkets. There's no sign of Maria at the moment, probably mingling with people and probably with Humphree. One of the market workers has some empty flasks and attempts to sell them to Tal for 3 silver (5 flasks). None of the flasks have anything in them and they have corks.

Zella comes out of the inn holding a pouch and some rolled up parchment. She puts them on a barrel near the inn, turns and goes back inside without a word. The door is then closed.

A small cloaked form comes into the market area, a white cloak with some yellow along the bottom and heads towards the blacksmith. Some people walk by the cloak person, nodding their head to it.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 63 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 15:43
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha with thank effusively everyone that give her some food for free. She is just finding where she can buy some food for tonight, but if she gets it for free she'll take it.
The girl thinks the deal about the flasks is good enough. The glass send of good manufacture and you never know if they'll be useful later, so she pays and puts them in her backpack.
As she's closing the deal she sees the mysterious figure and asks the man she's talking to if he knows him. Regardless of the answer afterwards she'll quickly walk to have a closer look at the figure.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 114 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 18:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The cloak person keeps itself some distance ahead afters the talk to the smith as Tal talks to the person about who it was. The man looks at the gunslinger "A lass from the Sarenrae temple. Don't know much but she's always friendly."

The parchment is blown into the air and lands upon the ground. No one seems to notice it.

The cloak person walks back to the temple but goes a different way, probably to check on some people that she may or may not have help or someone in the temple helped.

The town seems to get more quiet now as some depart to their homes for dinner as its about 6:00.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 64 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2020
at 22:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Seeing that is the time agreed to visit the mayor, Talitha heads back to his house. Once in the front door, she spends a few seconds trying to place herself in the right state of mind to talk about the deal she came to the town to discuss. She looks straight to the door and knocks effusively.
She waits in the front door for someone to open it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 116 posts
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 01:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As two people walk by heading home, they looks down and grab the parchment. One of them looks at it and glances around. They approached the mayors home, holding the parchment as the mayor's wife opens the door "Good evening my dear. My husband still isn't feeling well but I do have some of what he was interested in. Its for my son-in-law. A way of saying thank you for all he has done." She holds out a piece of parchement, folded up with some twine and she holds out a pouch.

The other two-a male and female approached "Excuse me?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 65 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 09:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at the mayor's wife.
"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers soon. Anyway if you are happy with it,you could provide me with the details, so I can gather all the information and further other details. Once I have them we will be ready to start."
Then she hears the two people approaching to the door with the parchment, and she moves aside so they can speak to the wife.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 117 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 12:49
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The woman gives you a odd look and points at the parchement she gave you "Its right there, all the information needed and some coins for your work and to get you home." She looks over at the two people approaching and smiles but they turn to Tal "I think this is yours. Found it in the street." He holds up the parchment which is a decent size.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 66 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 22:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha seems puzzled with the situation. Suddenly she's holding two parchments, one in each hand. She's not sure what is going on but thanks the couple and once they leave she turns to the wife again.
"That was... odd. Well, thank you very much madam for taking care of this while you're husband is not feeling well. I hope he feels better soon. I'll bring this to my master and we'll start working straight away."
Then she goes to a quieter place to check both documents. One she'll check that everything is in order and according to specifications. The other one she has no idea what it is.

I was going to say that the mayor gave me a payment note to be converted in the city bank, so we can still play the whole closing the deal and getting paid part before and the rest until completion, but with no cheering on the money I carry :)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 118 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 22:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The wife bids you goodnight as she has to tend to her husband. Once its all done, the gunslinger finds a safe place to sit on a barrel and looks at each parchment and the pouch. All is relatively quiet. Maria seems to have gone elsewhere perhaps into the tavern/inn or to her parent's home. Few people move around the area and go into their homes. Several buildings are lit up but have closed shuttered doors. It seems peaceful. Nighttime.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:00, Wed 23 Sept 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 67 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 15:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the documents and place them in her bag safely. She'll need to return the drawing to Xander if he finds him later or maybe tomorrow. She'll probably sleep by the stables, wrapped in her blanket... It's not the first time people kick her out and make her sleep in the street, so she'll be fine.

Talitha returns to the mayor's house and politely asks if she can keep the payment until the next day. It's a lot of money to carry around. While doing so she tries to recall if she got any answers from the shop owners in the market about other places to stay.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:59, Wed 23 Sept 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 119 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 16:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
None of the shopkeepers know of any place to stay other then the inn from what she recalls. A few of the people this time of the night keep refering to the inn. And possibly the temple. Slowly people retreat back to their homes leaving the young girl on the street alone. There's some torch lights flickering along the roads. The stable looks dark and eery and there's a glow coming from inside the inn. Several place are slightly lit up. Its about 8 pm.

The raindrops begin to flow down and start to build up a pace as the gunslinger is slowly getting soaked.


This message was last edited by the GM at 18:27, Wed 23 Sept 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 68 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:11
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha approaches the inn slowly, but the moment it starts raining she runs to avoid getting wet. She stops under the frame of the inn, just enough to avoid the light rain that is quickly building up.
Once there she searches the drawing from Xander and puts the parchment in the inn through a crack in the door. She doesn't want it to be ruined by the water.
Then she takes her blanked and uses it to protect the cartridges and the documents provided by the wife. If the gunpowder gets wet they'll be wasted and she'd hate that. And she didn't want to disturb the mayor again because her clumsiness ruined the documents and she needs to request the information again. After a minute or so both the cartridges and the documents are tightly packed with the blanket, which she then puts back in her backpack and closes it. That should keep them dry.

Once she's finished she leaves the entrance of the inn and starts looking for a place under cover, probably the back of any house. She's spent many nights like this and with s bit of roof over her head she'll be fine, even is she has to be standing up all night.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 120 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:24
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The parchement of the painting is too big to shove under the door (its about 1/4") and the painting all wrapped up is about the size of a fist if not more (being 2' wide). Unfortunatly the door is closed and probably locked. As she looks around the closest place to get under shelter is the stables a few yards away attached to the inn. She takes all the cartriges and documents and puts them into the blanket to keep them safe in her backpack, the painting is probably put there as well.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 69 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:46
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha knows that the stables are the closest building with cover, but she doesn't want to get into them as they belong to the inn and she's already disrespected Zella once and she won't do twice trespassing her property.
She moves quickly towards the temple, hoping to find something else before.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 121 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:57
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Soaked by now, the gunslinger approaches the door. Several lights are visible beneath closed windows with shutters. The door is knocked upon and the same gnome opens the door slightly "Hello? Oh your drenched." Pike opens the door for entrance. Its a small temple with a higher up area for worship. Several pews line the wall and there are two doors on opposite sides with closed doors. There are windows with closed shutters. Several candles are lit, mainly around the main worshiping area. Its about 40x40 made of wood along the walls anr roof, some stone walls reach up beneath the windows. She motions for her to sit in one of the pews and goes into a side room. Soon she comes out with some towels and puts them down by the gunslinger "The priest isn't here but if you want to pray, you may." She smiles at her "I do not think we met, least formally. I'm Pike."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 70 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 21:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at the gnome. "thank you very much. I was getting soaked and I had nowhere to go" the gunslinger accepts the towels and starts drying herself with them. "I'm Talitha, nice to meet you. You saved me tonight."
Once she's more or less dry she carefully removed her blanket and then methodically checks the cartridges one by one making sure they are dry. Then puts the documents in the user to help remove any trace of humidity they may have."Would it be fine if I stay here for a few hours until the rain stops? Weather is horrible right now, and a roof over my head would be much appreciated."