(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 168 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 21:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage looks up at the gunslinger but he doesn't say a word as he feels she won't believe him anyways. He stands up, wincing from the blow to his chest and rubs it over the bloodmarks. Grabbing his staff, he looks over at the rogue "We should let the man know."

Upon the ground is a dead man with a arrow that was through its skull. Its hard to tell what happened to him as the body is laying upon its chest. The only visible aspects are his head and his hands.

The tiger stands at the ramp to the mill. It moves around, watching the area as Xander moves to it, scratching its head. He doesn't answer about the pet tiger.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 38 posts
Fri 13 Nov 2020
at 03:26
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Holding the arrow in hand and wiping it off, he watches Talitha with concerned interest as she approaches.  "This thing attacked Xander with an inhuman savagery...  I saved his life."  He looks at the dead thing and back to her, "So what do you intend to do?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 102 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 10:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
She tries not to take that last sentence as a threat. The gunslinger doesn't see any sign of it in the man's face.
"That thing was a man. How is that he attacked you for no reason?"
She approaches the body and turns out to have a better look at his face. She looks concerned.
"Is this the man's brother? Where is he?"
By her limited experience, being around a dead body is never good news, so the sooner they could clarify what happened the better.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 169 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 11:17
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage watches and finally speaks "We were asked to check on the man's brother. But found nothing." He watches Tal, expecting her to just explode "The mill was in shambles. But he motioned for me to come out. When I did, the man attacked me, and was killed." Xander looks at the two, speaking quietly.

Two more people start to come out of the woods but not coming from the village. They move slowly and don't seem to really see the group.

The tiger steps between Xander and Tal, and it glances around the area as they are talking on the small deck near the mill. It stops, looking at the two people about 100' away.

OOC
Make a Perception check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:18, Sat 14 Nov 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 103 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 11:40
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the body as Xander speaks.
"The man looked as there was something wrong with him; he seemed he was very sick. Maybe he had some kind of flu or rabies or who knows. Maybe he was delirant and that's why attacked. Let's hope the brother doesn't blame you both for his brother's death. You should say it was in stuff defense...
She's not very convinced that a stick man versus two healthy ones and a huge beast had to be killed as only option.

The girl sees the two guys coming from the woods. She looks at them carefully.

11:37, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  Perception
Xander Balus
 NPC, 5 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 11:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Xander shakes his head and glances towards the two people. His eyes narrow, gripping his staff. The tiger also looks at them, hair sticking up and it bumps against the mage. It growls  as it stares at them for some reason.

Perception:
03:48, Today: Xander Balus rolled 20 using 1d20+8.  Tiger.

03:47, Today: Xander Balus rolled 11 using 1d20+6.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 39 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 13:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet glances over to the people walking out of the woods, "That's odd."

OOC:
07:00, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 170 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 13:05
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The two are stumbling around. One of them looks like their arm is messed up. As they move slowly, it looks like a man and a female, the female is the one with the messed up arm. They look like they aren't wearing armor or weapons, and their bodies look ratty.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 104 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 20:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha look at them and asks the others
"They look stick as well... did the man look like them? I hope it's not a plague."
As she says so she realises she touched the dead body and she hopes she didn't get infected. This thought have get s chill.
She shouts to the couple and waves at them.
"Hello!! Are you OK? should we call someone?!"
She looks again at the mage.
"Did you say the man attacked you for no reason? These two look seriously ill. We should get the cleric to see if she can heal them... But let's be careful, they might be also aggressive."
She look at them as they approach the group.

OoC: what distance they are and how fast do they move?
I'm not running, but I want to keep my distance.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 174 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 20:38
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage looks at her and then looks at the two approaching people "Look, it attacked me and I did nothing. A crazed man it seemed." He motions towards the rogue, seeming to try to focus her attention at him.

The two people glance at Tal and start to head towards the group.

OOC
They are now about 60' away.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 40 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 02:38
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"That one took Xander out in one hit.  Dangerous as hell with it's bare hands.  If those are the same we're in real danger here."  Hamlet knocks an arrow and moves back, matching the pace of the shambling strangers.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 108 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 09:57
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stays moving towards the town, mimicking the speed of the two people walking towards them.
She makes sure she keeps the distance between them.
"I don't want to hurt noone. Let's try to guide them to the temple. Maybe there they can help them."
She says to the two men.
The shouts to the strangers.
"We just want to help you! Please let us know you understand us!"
She keeps moving back to town matching the speed of the strangers, and tells Xander.
"Go grab the man we talked to. I don't want to leave him here with these two if he's injured. Do you have anything that can disable them so we can bring them to town? Any magic?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 178 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 14:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage glances at the gunslinger. He wants to say something but feels it will fall on deaf ears. Will she ever stop ordering him around? Xander narrows his eyes on the zombies as they keep moving back to the village.

The zombies move 30', growling.

OOC
Initiative (In case its needed)
So the group is 30' away from the zombies.

Talintha (15)
Xander (15)
-------------------------------------------------------
Unknown (08)
-------------------------------------------------------
Tiger (07)
Hamlet


This message was last edited by the GM at 15:10, Sun 15 Nov 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 111 posts
 HP 12/12; AC 18
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 14:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha sees the couple move towards them and she tries to put some more distance between herself and the sick strangers.
"We should put some land between us and these people. It looks they've lost their mind..."
She takes her pistol and moves 30' away from them.

14:08, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 15 using 1d20+4.  Initiative. 

This message was last edited by the player at 22:34, Sun 15 Nov 2020.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 43 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 14:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet shoots at the one charging him, then turns and runs back as far as he can while knocking another arrow.

OOC:
08:54, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 3 using 1d8+1.  Shortbow Damage.
08:54, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Attack Shortbow (outside 30ft).
08:52, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:27, Mon 16 Nov 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 185 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 01:46
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gunslinger pulls out her gun and backs away.

Xander conjures up a brief wave of energy, shielding himself and runs back to Talintha
*Casting Mage Armor

The rogue fires off an arrow, hitting one of the zombies and backs away.

The creatures move and attack the tiger! One of them swings a hard punch at the tiger!
*Tiger takes 9 Damage

Growling, the tiger slashes out with his claws and teeth! The one that attacks is ripped apart and it turns, ripping into the leg of the female!

Group is up!
Talintha (15)-Backing up (30')
Xander (15)-Mage Armor/Backing up (30')
Hamlet (08)-Attack/Backing up (30')
-------------------------------------------------------
Unknown (08) 30' from the group/5' from the tiger
??/15
AC 12 (10 at the moment)
-------------------------------------------------------
Tiger (07)

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:02, Mon 16 Nov 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 113 posts
 HP 12/12; AC 18
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 07:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha aims with her eyes as she's been taught and pulls the trigger. The bullet hits the female stranger.
"I'm sorry."
She whispers while she moves back another few feet.

Attack:
07:25, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 20,5 using 1d20+5,1d8+1.  Pistol attack, damage at 30'.
Movement:
Move 30' away from the sick couple

Dungeon Master
 GM, 186 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 10:58
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The shot rings out as the creature is hit in its throat. She falls down, still squirming. The tiger growls and moves towards Xander, caked in blood. He kneels down to it, checking out the wound. The tiger doesn't seem to be bothered by it but winces when the mage touches it.

As the group gathers up and heads towards the village along a path, a eery sight unfolds. A man lies upon the ground, blood coming from his lips as another creature feasts upon him. The man seems umable to speak as his throat is ripped apart. It doesn't seem to see the group, his feast seems to be his target.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 114 posts
 HP 12/12; AC 18
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 13:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha is still shocked about what she just did. She had shot her pistol many times, and some of them had even been to animals and other creatures. But this was the first time she's taken a life.
She had killed that woman with her heart as she had been trained to, but that didn't make it easier. Probably that's the reason she's been trained that way.

As they slowly move back to the village they see that gruesome scene by the path. She can't help it, takes out her shortsword, and maybe because of the shock, she kicks the creature with her boot, while she shouts at it.
"Stop you monster!!"

She doesn't know if she can save the man, probably to late already, but it's to much death already for her and she needs to try.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 187 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 15:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The zombie keeps eating and the gunslinger tries to knock him off. Her boot hits his right side hard and he moves off of the man but before she pulls away, he grabs onto her boot! She falls to the ground, her limb caught in its grasp! He tries to climb up, blood coming down his mouth and hands and moves slightly upwards upon the downed Talitha!

Xander grips his staff and goes to hit him but the tiger beats him to the punch. It lunges at the zombie, claws tearing into its flesh. It hits him hard from above, knocking the zombie over like a bowling ball. The sudden impact and claws rips the head off of it as the tiger growls at his prey.

OOC
Take 1 damage from the fall Tal.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:47, Mon 16 Nov 2020.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 46 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2020
at 02:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet quickly collects the arrow from the corpse and stays with the group, but makes a quick assessment of the nearby cover as they move.

OOC:  I'll look for opportunities to take cover or hide as we move so that I can react quickly.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 115 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Tue 17 Nov 2020
at 09:34
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stands up and scratches her arm where she it the ground. She says to Xander as the tiger moves back to hi side "Hum... thanks..."
She looks at the dead body of the sick person that was attacking the other one, and then she fixes her eyes in the poor man that got attacked. He is covered in blood and the gunslinger lacks the knowledge to help him. She doesn't even now if he's still alive.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 190 posts
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 15:25
(IC) Village of Mapleville
With the arrival of the rogue, the wizard watches as the gunslinger thanks him and seems to ignore it. He didn't save her-the tiger did. The creatures head oddly snapping up at everyone, no body to bring towards them. Taking his staff he brings it down and with a heavy thud the creatures head is nothing but gore.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 47 posts
Thu 19 Nov 2020
at 02:39
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"I'm going to follow from cover if you don't mind.  I'm rather useless out here in the open."  moving a few feet off the path.

OOC:
20:39, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+8.  Stealth.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 118 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Thu 19 Nov 2020
at 09:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looked at Hamlet going off-road.
"Be careful there. Noone can see you, including us"
She gives a look at both Xander and the tiger. Then talks to Xander.
"Let's go. I hope there are no more of these sick people in town."