(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 10 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 10:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Davian was amused by the childrens' antics, and rummaged in his coin pouch for a couple of coins. "Hey kid," he called towards the little one hiding behind the cart as he stopped and leaned on the haft of his spear. "Where can I rent a room and get a meal?" He jingled the two silver coins in his palm enticingly, keeping a friendly smile on his face that was completely unfitting with the viciously spiked armour he wore.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 16 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 10:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha hands over a gold coin to the woman
“This should cover a couple of nights and some meals. I’m here to close some business so it shouldn’t take me more than that.”
Then she smiles and asks the innkeeper about the mayor, trying to get some additional information from him before meeting him at his house. After some chatting she asks about the town
“I’ve had a look at the shops around town, but I couldn’t get into the trinkets shop, as it seems the owner closed it from the inside. Did he run out of business? The other shops were nice to nose around but I got bored after a while. Apart from that, I’m not sure if there is anything else to know about the town. Any other sources of entertainment while I’m not working?”
 
OOC: Can I use sense motive to feel if there is anything off when she replies back to me? If not ignore the roll.
11:46, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Sense motive on innkeeper. - [roll=1598265992.77283.347974]

Dungeon Master
 GM, 34 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 11:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Two of them look at the coins and grab one of each. They look at them, actually bite into them to probably see if they are real and their eyes open wide. They point to a open doored area nearbye "Thanks!" They scurry off.

OOC
So what did you give them?

Inside the inn, the woman wipes down a cup "Not much happens round these parts. The smithy has some tales though. Should talk to the lad. Trinkets shop? Oh no, he doesn't have a set time. Probably is taking a nap or whatnot. Knock on the tent and see iffn he's up. Most here are farmers, tradin' goods yah see? Lately we just got a priest here too. What else what else...." She taps the bar a few times "Nope that I know of. Entertainment? Well some of the strapping lads tussle about fer fun. Like music your talking bout? Few people come here, play and leave. Been rather quiet as of late." She takes the coin and gives back 2 silver. Two nights.

OOC
She seems sincere.
BTW You never talk to the smith.

Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 11 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 15:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
With a low chuckle at their enthusiasm Davian hefted his pack carefully, thankfully many of the spikes on the back of the armour were omitted to allow gear to be carried, and headed for the building. Upon entry he looked around, quickly assessing the potential exits, and approached the innkeep. He saw she was already in conversation so he waited patiently, spending the time gingerly removing the straps on his pack to drop it slowly to the floor.

OOC: Kids got 2 silver coins
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 18 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 16:27
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a chat with the innkeeper, Talitha has the address of the mayor and a brief gossip about him (mostly useless). She also has a couple of hours to spend so she decides to fist pay a visit to the blacksmith (OOC: if I never talked to him I’ll go and ask him some questions) .
Before leaving sees the warrior she saw outside waiting in the inn. She politely nods her head and with a brief “Good morning sir” leaves towards the blacksmith.
Once she reaches the workshop, she looks around for a while checking the quality of the job done by the man and once he seems to be more approachable she’ll make some conversation with a nice smile
“Hello, I just wanted to check on a fellow craftsman how things were done in here. You know I am a manufacturer myself although of a different nature. I was curious to find out if here some of the items I craft could be done. More of professional curiosity rather than anything else.”
She’ll show him the pistol and the cartridges
“See? I specialise in this kind of objects, so I wanted to know if you know if the raw materials can be procured around the area… I am always interested in finding new suppliers for my business and due to the few suppliers of sulphur, charcoal and saltpetre; and I thought you might know if these materials are available in the area.”
(OOC: if the smith says there is not no way of making new ammunition in town I know I only have 20 bullets and that’s it until I go back home) .
She makes some more inquiries about this and then decides to leave. She checks and she finds it’s around 11 am so she decides to go have a look at the trinkets shop, in case it’s open now and then head towards the mayor’s house.
She’ll get in front of the shop and knock on the door “Sorry to disturb you, I just wanted to check if the shop is opened or should I came later. Thank you!.”
Dungeon Master
 GM, 37 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 16:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Inn/Tavern:
Nodding her head, she smiles as the man walks in. The woman puts away some glasswhere and then grabs a mug putting it under the bard. She wipes her hands and finally speaks "Hello hello. Need a room or a drink? Perhaps both?" The heavy woman sits down.

Smithy:
The man slams the hammer down just as the woman enters. He wipes off his brow with a gloved hand. He goes to gently grab the gun, starts to check it over "Been awhile since I have seen one of these. I got charcoal of course, helps me keep me forge runnin'. Saltpetre eh? Not sure. Sulpher eh? I bet that there Humfree might have it, always fiddling around with odd contraptions that don't work." He pauses "Might be able tah replace it. Heard bout that there one before but never made one. Yah need what yah call them?" The man holds out the gun to her. He snaps his hands "Yah know what be a blunderbuss?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 19 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 22:55
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha thanks the smith for the information
"Thank so much for the information. where can I find this Humfree you mention? Is he living here?"
And she asks for some directions of the smith can give them.
"A blunderbuss you say? have you seen one of those in this town? those can can be a beautiful piece of craft if manufactured properly."
Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 12 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 23:32
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Yes please, ma'am, and perhaps a bath if you've the facility?" it was apparent from the grime coating his armour that he had been wearing the breastplate for some time and both he and it needed a thorough cleaning. "A meal wouldn't go amiss either, walking makes me hungry and the last bunch of town-folk I got hired to guide left such a bad taste in my mouth I avoided eating."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 38 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 23:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Inn/Tavern:
With her eyes open wide, the plump woman hold a ale to her "Normally, yes I would say it would costs you but but alright. Free." She smiles at him "They came from here or somewhere else? That was a bit rude. A bit rude but I can tell your just tired. Yes yes. Alright. Would you like to talk about it or no? I can grab you something to eat? A bath can be arranged."

Smithy:
"Yes, blunderbuss. My grandfather gave it to my dad. He passed it to me. I don't use it, and its dusty but maybe its useable. I just have it as a decoration. Would you like to see it? And yes its in the marketplace. Do you need anything built or crafted? Horseshoe, or perhaps some sort of farming supply? With the right gear....." The smith pours some water over his face and he points out its the same tent area with the baubles.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 20 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 08:52
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha has a look at the blunderbuss that the smith has in his shop and checks if it's in good shape and working. Then she give the man some nice compliments on the weapon and tells him it's a beautiful piece of craft (which is true).
"And thank you for the offering on the manufacturing of items. I am interested in the ammunition manufacturing, as it's one of the things that are more difficult to procure."
Then she politely says goodbye
"Thank you anyway for your time. I'll head to the market and check on Humfree about the sulphur and saltpetre. Thank you anyway for your time."
And heads to the market.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 43 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 01:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Inn/Tavern:
The woman sits and waits on the traveler.

Smithy:
The gunslinger checks out the blunderbuss.

Make a Craft (Gunsmithing). You aren't trying to make it just check it out.

Once done and when she decides to she bids him goodbye and heads for the closed baubles tent.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 22 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 06:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville

07:30, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 15 using 1d20+6.  Craft gunsmithing. - [roll=1598423450.4388.347974]


Talitha heads to the market to find Humfree as suggested by the smith, folding his indications. She'll ask people in the market if she can't find him.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 45 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 00:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE:
Coming out of the tent, a older man probably a gnome sits down on a small chair. He mutters under his breath and leans back pulling out a small vial. The gnome sniff it and grabs a small bowl, pouring it into it. The man grabs a small morter and pestel putting it next to it. He then puts some of the bowl into the pestel and starts to work on it. Visible is odds and ends, some potions line a wall on a small shelf. A small bookshelf is near him with a odd assorments of something in a wineskin, two small coins and a few other nicks and nacks ranging from a small pendent to four unknown vials. Nicks and nacks, odds and ends. He grabs a small plaque and flips it around revealing 'Humfree Trading Depot: Sell or Trade'

Some others are just talking and moving around. A burly man comes from the north with two mules hauling wood. He seems focused, moving through the small area and the mules stop near the tavern/inn. Its a bit busy. Everyone moves around, in and out. A older man comes out of the mayor's home and leans against the wall near it, seeming not armed wearing slightly better clothes but seems simple. He smiles as a few people walk by.

INN/TAVERN:
The woman waits the man and sits down, pulling out some of her knitting supplies. She seems patient, glancing up at him as he drinks.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 24 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 11:42
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha approaches the old man and sees him working on whatever alchemical solution he has in his bowl.
She has a look around with interest to the products in display, to understand the kind of business that Mr.Humfree owns.
"Hello, sorry to disturb you. Sir, I am looking for Mr. Humfree, I have been told he works with some alchemical components.
Then once she catches the old man's attention continues
My master owns a workshop and we are looking for some new sources of supply of some specific products and I've been told he might be worth contacting"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:23, Sun 30 Aug 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 48 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 19:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gnome grumbles and points at the sign "I am Humphree. No Mr Humphree." He peers at the gunslinger "What are yah looking for eh? I got knicks and knacks. Possiblity of potions and some odd interesting trinkets. He's got a shop eh? What kind? Perhaps I haved done business and all that."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:30, Sun 30 Aug 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 25 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 20:11
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha soles as Humphree replies, gently bends over and takes out her pistol and carefully hands it over to him (unloaded).
"Very nice to meet you Humphree. My master specialises in crafting this beautiful pieces of art. And obviously we also manufacture their ammunition."
As she says that with one hand still next to the pistol with the other takes one cartridge and puts it on the table. She speaks softly and very friendly, with familiarity and kindness, but you can tell that it is a business speech she has practiced a few times.
"One of the biggest issues we currently have in my master's workshop is getting enough alchemical components, that is black powder or its raw components, for our cartridges. We have for hands working in the workshop and are capable of producing high standard and reliable products. But then we don't have enough components to feed our production. So wherever I go I try to find new sources of supply for it."
After saying so Talitha makes a pause and finishes
"I came here for some other business, but your name came in another conversation and I thought it would be a good thing to pay you a visit."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:12, Sun 30 Aug 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 49 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 22:52
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Tilting his head as he is giving the pistol, his eyes turn to it. The gnome grabs a small eyepiece and examines it for a moment as well as the bullet. He looks up at her "So you wish to well hired me do you not? I do not have the materials for it. But it is well made of course, of course. Well actually what do you need? I might have something you can use that may work. May not of course. As you can see I simply trade. Yes yes. Black powder you mentioned? A dwarf may be the best idea. Course I may know of them but have not seen one in awhile." He leans back in his chair "Black powder...." He rubs his gnarled chin and stands up rummaging into a small chest and kneels down to his makeshift bed and pulls out some fireworks "Ahh yes yes. Will this work? I can use my amazing skills to provide you with a small amount."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 26 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 23:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The young girl takes one of the fireworks, and with a nail scratches some powder of the back of it and puts it in her mouth. She tastes it for a few seconds and replies
"This feels good. We could use some additional black powder if you can provide it. Of course the amount we need to manufacture firearms' ammunition is different than the one needed for fireworks, but I think we could reach an agreement."
She smiles and south's done minutes talking with Humphree about quantities he could provide, prices and some other technical details on the black powder. After a while she thanks Humphree for his time.
"Thank you for your time again. Now I should be going I have another appointment I shouldn't miss, but before I leave I will contact you again to confirm the conditions, so I can talk to Mr.Deschain."
And she ask him for the means to contact him if he's not at the shop.
After that she'll leave to the mayor's house as it should be approaching midday already.

OOC: I would buy some additional materials later to make some additional bullets, now I don't think I have money for it (and I don't need them yet)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 50 posts
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 23:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Go on go on. I'm going to find more. I bet I can make some interesting...yes yes. Please I'm busy." Humphree mutters he has little supplies besides the fireworks but might be able to make a small amount yet he lets her knows he has some other skills-mainly tinkering and he grabs the fireworks. The gnome fumbles around for a moment and sits down, grabbing some odds and ends and begins to work on well some odd material. He grabs a bell and rings it before putting it down to try to get other villagers to come on over "Welcome welcome to Humphrees!"

The gunslinger moves through some villagers and goes to the door. She knocks a few times.

No one comes to the door.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 27 posts
Wed 2 Sep 2020
at 21:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha will knock again after a minute if noone answers to the door. As she does it she's announce herself as well.
"Good morning! I'm looking for the mayor. My name in Talitha Deschain, I'm here as he requested a job to my master, Mr.Deschain"
Once she knocks and speaks, she'll remain silent trying to hear anything inside the house. She also checks if there is anything weird in the front door, but won't try to open it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 52 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 02:43
(IC) Village of Mapleville
No one comes to the door. All the windows are closed, with dark drapes over them. There are two above on the second floor and they are closed as well. A few people wandered by but they don't say anything as they mingle about. Its hard to tell if they heard you. Some kids move about still playing.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 28 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 08:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a few minutes waiting, Talitha decides that noone is at home. She was announced in advance of her arrival and she got no response of the mayor leaving town in that period, so she assumes the mayor is out somewhere in town.

So after thinking about it for a few seconds, she heads back to the inn, maybe there she can get some more information about the mayor, a decent meal and rest a little bit.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 54 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 17:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Wiping off the counter, the plump woman smiles as Talisha enters. Seeming asleep, the half-elf is slumped over and is resting on his arm "Poor lad. Wanted a room and so he paid for it. And he drank one, and passed out." She comes from around the bar, resting her hands over her apron "So are you enjoying your stay?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 30 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 20:44
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha responds friendly to the innkeeper
"So far the people in the town has been very friendly and welcoming, that makes any place a good place to stay."
She points outside with her thumb while talking
"But I found weird that when I tried to knock on the mayor's house it looked locked and none answered. Do you know where I can find him if not in his house?"
Then sits on the counter and pointing at the half elf says.
"Whatever he had."
Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 1 post
 AC: 18 FF: 14 TC: 15
 CMD: 15 HP: 10/10
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 01:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
It was time, Maria had returned to visit the family home and now she needed to take the next step. Her family hadn't been happy when she had left to seek her fortunes, but she had come back alive so perhaps she would be forgiven in time. At least, that is what she hoped would happen. As Maria stepped outside the small cottage she turned to hug her mother. "I missed you, but I will make sure to visit again soon. Take care of Peter and father."


Inn/Tavern:
Maria grabbed her pony's bridle and began to replace the spikes on her armor before heading to the Inn. She needed to book a room since she hadn't planned to leave until tomorrow. She opened the door and swept in as she loudly announced, "Ah, it's good to be back in town! How have you been?" Maria walked to the counter and tossed a piece of gold atop it as she climbed into a seat, "Can I get myself a bed and a fine meal for the night?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:19, Fri 04 Sept 2020.