(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 62 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 20:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha trying to keep a proud position won't take the money, leaving it in the counter wherever Zella has left it.

She walks to the market and tries to focus on something else. She goes to the shops and checks with several shop owners where she can get some food that is not the tavern and of the is any other place to stay as well.
She checks which shops sell consumables as well (potions, flasks, etc.). Not because she'll but anything at this point, but to put her mind somewhere else.
Once it's close to dinner time when the mayor's wife told her to come back she'll go again to the mayor's house.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 113 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 14:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Some of the people give the gunslinger free food, not asking for anything in return. There's no potion place that she finds, just some odd trinkets. There's no sign of Maria at the moment, probably mingling with people and probably with Humphree. One of the market workers has some empty flasks and attempts to sell them to Tal for 3 silver (5 flasks). None of the flasks have anything in them and they have corks.

Zella comes out of the inn holding a pouch and some rolled up parchment. She puts them on a barrel near the inn, turns and goes back inside without a word. The door is then closed.

A small cloaked form comes into the market area, a white cloak with some yellow along the bottom and heads towards the blacksmith. Some people walk by the cloak person, nodding their head to it.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 63 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 15:43
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha with thank effusively everyone that give her some food for free. She is just finding where she can buy some food for tonight, but if she gets it for free she'll take it.
The girl thinks the deal about the flasks is good enough. The glass send of good manufacture and you never know if they'll be useful later, so she pays and puts them in her backpack.
As she's closing the deal she sees the mysterious figure and asks the man she's talking to if he knows him. Regardless of the answer afterwards she'll quickly walk to have a closer look at the figure.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 114 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 18:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The cloak person keeps itself some distance ahead afters the talk to the smith as Tal talks to the person about who it was. The man looks at the gunslinger "A lass from the Sarenrae temple. Don't know much but she's always friendly."

The parchment is blown into the air and lands upon the ground. No one seems to notice it.

The cloak person walks back to the temple but goes a different way, probably to check on some people that she may or may not have help or someone in the temple helped.

The town seems to get more quiet now as some depart to their homes for dinner as its about 6:00.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 64 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2020
at 22:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Seeing that is the time agreed to visit the mayor, Talitha heads back to his house. Once in the front door, she spends a few seconds trying to place herself in the right state of mind to talk about the deal she came to the town to discuss. She looks straight to the door and knocks effusively.
She waits in the front door for someone to open it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 116 posts
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 01:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As two people walk by heading home, they looks down and grab the parchment. One of them looks at it and glances around. They approached the mayors home, holding the parchment as the mayor's wife opens the door "Good evening my dear. My husband still isn't feeling well but I do have some of what he was interested in. Its for my son-in-law. A way of saying thank you for all he has done." She holds out a piece of parchement, folded up with some twine and she holds out a pouch.

The other two-a male and female approached "Excuse me?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 65 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 09:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at the mayor's wife.
"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers soon. Anyway if you are happy with it,you could provide me with the details, so I can gather all the information and further other details. Once I have them we will be ready to start."
Then she hears the two people approaching to the door with the parchment, and she moves aside so they can speak to the wife.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 117 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 12:49
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The woman gives you a odd look and points at the parchement she gave you "Its right there, all the information needed and some coins for your work and to get you home." She looks over at the two people approaching and smiles but they turn to Tal "I think this is yours. Found it in the street." He holds up the parchment which is a decent size.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 66 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 22:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha seems puzzled with the situation. Suddenly she's holding two parchments, one in each hand. She's not sure what is going on but thanks the couple and once they leave she turns to the wife again.
"That was... odd. Well, thank you very much madam for taking care of this while you're husband is not feeling well. I hope he feels better soon. I'll bring this to my master and we'll start working straight away."
Then she goes to a quieter place to check both documents. One she'll check that everything is in order and according to specifications. The other one she has no idea what it is.

I was going to say that the mayor gave me a payment note to be converted in the city bank, so we can still play the whole closing the deal and getting paid part before and the rest until completion, but with no cheering on the money I carry :)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 118 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 22:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The wife bids you goodnight as she has to tend to her husband. Once its all done, the gunslinger finds a safe place to sit on a barrel and looks at each parchment and the pouch. All is relatively quiet. Maria seems to have gone elsewhere perhaps into the tavern/inn or to her parent's home. Few people move around the area and go into their homes. Several buildings are lit up but have closed shuttered doors. It seems peaceful. Nighttime.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:00, Wed 23 Sept 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 67 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 15:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the documents and place them in her bag safely. She'll need to return the drawing to Xander if he finds him later or maybe tomorrow. She'll probably sleep by the stables, wrapped in her blanket... It's not the first time people kick her out and make her sleep in the street, so she'll be fine.

Talitha returns to the mayor's house and politely asks if she can keep the payment until the next day. It's a lot of money to carry around. While doing so she tries to recall if she got any answers from the shop owners in the market about other places to stay.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:59, Wed 23 Sept 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 119 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 16:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
None of the shopkeepers know of any place to stay other then the inn from what she recalls. A few of the people this time of the night keep refering to the inn. And possibly the temple. Slowly people retreat back to their homes leaving the young girl on the street alone. There's some torch lights flickering along the roads. The stable looks dark and eery and there's a glow coming from inside the inn. Several place are slightly lit up. Its about 8 pm.

The raindrops begin to flow down and start to build up a pace as the gunslinger is slowly getting soaked.


This message was last edited by the GM at 18:27, Wed 23 Sept 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 68 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:11
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha approaches the inn slowly, but the moment it starts raining she runs to avoid getting wet. She stops under the frame of the inn, just enough to avoid the light rain that is quickly building up.
Once there she searches the drawing from Xander and puts the parchment in the inn through a crack in the door. She doesn't want it to be ruined by the water.
Then she takes her blanked and uses it to protect the cartridges and the documents provided by the wife. If the gunpowder gets wet they'll be wasted and she'd hate that. And she didn't want to disturb the mayor again because her clumsiness ruined the documents and she needs to request the information again. After a minute or so both the cartridges and the documents are tightly packed with the blanket, which she then puts back in her backpack and closes it. That should keep them dry.

Once she's finished she leaves the entrance of the inn and starts looking for a place under cover, probably the back of any house. She's spent many nights like this and with s bit of roof over her head she'll be fine, even is she has to be standing up all night.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 120 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:24
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The parchement of the painting is too big to shove under the door (its about 1/4") and the painting all wrapped up is about the size of a fist if not more (being 2' wide). Unfortunatly the door is closed and probably locked. As she looks around the closest place to get under shelter is the stables a few yards away attached to the inn. She takes all the cartriges and documents and puts them into the blanket to keep them safe in her backpack, the painting is probably put there as well.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 69 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:46
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha knows that the stables are the closest building with cover, but she doesn't want to get into them as they belong to the inn and she's already disrespected Zella once and she won't do twice trespassing her property.
She moves quickly towards the temple, hoping to find something else before.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 121 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:57
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Soaked by now, the gunslinger approaches the door. Several lights are visible beneath closed windows with shutters. The door is knocked upon and the same gnome opens the door slightly "Hello? Oh your drenched." Pike opens the door for entrance. Its a small temple with a higher up area for worship. Several pews line the wall and there are two doors on opposite sides with closed doors. There are windows with closed shutters. Several candles are lit, mainly around the main worshiping area. Its about 40x40 made of wood along the walls anr roof, some stone walls reach up beneath the windows. She motions for her to sit in one of the pews and goes into a side room. Soon she comes out with some towels and puts them down by the gunslinger "The priest isn't here but if you want to pray, you may." She smiles at her "I do not think we met, least formally. I'm Pike."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 70 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 21:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at the gnome. "thank you very much. I was getting soaked and I had nowhere to go" the gunslinger accepts the towels and starts drying herself with them. "I'm Talitha, nice to meet you. You saved me tonight."
Once she's more or less dry she carefully removed her blanket and then methodically checks the cartridges one by one making sure they are dry. Then puts the documents in the user to help remove any trace of humidity they may have."Would it be fine if I stay here for a few hours until the rain stops? Weather is horrible right now, and a roof over my head would be much appreciated."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 122 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 21:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Of course." The gnome nods her head and sits down, glancing at her "This is a place of peace and serenity. Your safe." She smiles, and turns her head and closing her eyes. Her hands go to the pendent after she sits down before the main worship area. Pike goes silent.

The sound of rain keeps coming down, seeming to not want to stop. A boom comes from above anda brief flash comes from below a window. Still the gnome doesn't move.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 71 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 19:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Ayer a while, once all bullets have been checked to be dry and so are the documents, Talitha puts everything back in its place. She takes the leather armour off, so she wears only a while linen shirt and a pair of robust trousers (and her pistol). She carefully leaves the armour dry by her side and she wraps herself in the blanket, sitting in a corner of the room.
After a few minutes she falls asleep.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 123 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 22:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Time passes.

Tal's leather seems to have been cleaned as well as her boots. They are placed by a pew, visible. A pillow and two blankets have been placed over her for warmth. Her pack is near her where she put it down. Its hard to tell what time it is but a dripping sound can be heard above. Her blanket is near her armor, folded up. The room is darker now, some of the candles have been extinguished. Its quiet besides the rain drops. No one seems to be in the room but its hard to tell because of the lesser light.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 72 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 22:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha does not question here luck right now. She'll thank the gnome lady in the morning. She gathers her stuff around her and wraps herself in the blankets and keeps sleeping until sunrise.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 124 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 01:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The rain starts to come down again, the sound above coming down harder but at least the gunslinger is warm and safe as she tries to sleep. But then something seems to be banging on one of the windows.

Whack. Whack. Whack. Whack. Whack.


From where Tal is attemping to sleep once more its hard to tell if its coming from outside or within the small temple.

OOC
Make a Intelligence Check. You can also make a Perception check as well.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 73 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 06:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha tries to go back to sleep while listens the noise, wondering what it is and for how long will it last.


07:20, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  Perception check. [roll=1601101207.60402.347974]

07:19, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  Intelligence check. [roll=1601101193.22895.347974]

Dungeon Master
 GM, 125 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 07:17
(IC) Village of Mapleville
It keeps making the same sound and doesn't stop. The rain is pouring down.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 74 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 08:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Maybe it's an open window making noise with the wind." Talitha thinks. She stands up bothered by not being able to keep sleeping.
She stands up and she realises she was feeling cold so she puts on her armour. She is carrying her pistol (never took it off) and tries to locate the source of the sound.
Her bag has everything packed in it as she did before falling asleep.