(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 152 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 18:40
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The wife takes the money and holds it out to her "We have communication out. This isn't a city so things take longer and we have no reason to send word well anywhere. Got what we need here. I know this isn't a place you are used to...." She ponders something for a moment "I'd say asked around. See if anyone is leaving and if you can go with them. Farmers may go to sell wares. But like I said we take care of eachother. Like a family so to speak. As for my husband...." She looks rather worried "Took a turn for the worst. He is rather old so I pray he get better. I believe Pike will come at some point, see how he is doing." She glances over at what is going on.

Several market people look around, trying to find the child. The woman turns and almost slams into Hamlet "I'm sorry..my mind is elsewhere. Oh have you seen my son? He's about 4' tall, brown hair and eyes. Leon."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:42, Sat 24 Oct 2020.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 21 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 19:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet swivels and holds out his hands incase he needs to catch the woman.  Luckily he doesn't.  "Um...  No ma'am.  But I can help look for him."  He scratches the back of his head awkwardly.  "Any suggestions where I should look?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 90 posts
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 22:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha takes the money and puts it at the bottom of his bag trying to place the weight evenly.
"Thank you so much again, and thank you for the advice. I'll check with the farmers to see if anyone is leaving town soon... I really hope you're husband gets better... Pike will be of help for sure."
Talitha looks at the mother that is still asking around about her child. She changed subject with the mayor's wife. "Do you know her and his kid? I might offer my help to find the boy... I know what is to be a scared lost kid." she smiles and leaves the wife to take care of her husband.

The gunslinger then approaches the mother. "I'm sorry to hear you can't find your kid. Do you need help looking for him? I can check any place you can think he might be, so we can cover more places and find him quicker." she tries to sound confirming to the mother.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 154 posts
Thu 29 Oct 2020
at 15:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Seeing as your a scared lost kid yourself my dear? Not lost so to speak. I should return to my husband. Thank you." The woman departs inside, closing the door.

As Tal approaches the woman, she lets the rogue and gunslinger know she isn't sure where else to look other then the lake and the mill "There's so many place he can be being well small. But there's a treehouse for all the kids. Maybe he's there hiding. Its some distance off but there's a trail leading to it and the lake." She just seems worried, constantly looking around moving from one home to another home and stopping to ask others to help out and most do.

Approaching the woman, the cloaked Xander bows to her for a moment "I can help you find it but I have a question to ask. Do you have something that belongs to him? Maybe something he dropped? Clothing..."

The woman stops for a moment as her daughter holds onto her leg. She takes off a small bracelet made of beads "Gave me it this morning. Will that work?"

Xander takes it, rubbing his chin "Yes. May I take this for the time being? You will get it back."

The woman nods her head.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 23 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 14:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Finding himself in the sudden midst of a crowd, Hamelt takes an instinctive step back and pulls his hood down a bit as he looks at the two others.  "I guess we can work together?" he says shrugging.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 91 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 15:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks with distrust at Xander. Then replies to Hamlet and the woman.
"I guess we can. we should go check the treehouse and the lake the mother mentioned. Maybe he's there playing."
She asks for directions to the mother and then talks to both, but looking at Hamlet.
"Let's go?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 155 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 22:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage shakes his head seeing the distrust of him but he's got something to do. He moves off towards the treehouse and he whistles. Coming out of where it was hiding is the tiger. Xander gently moves his hands over the sides of its large head. He kneels down, watching the white and black beast and he holds out the bracelet. It sniffs it a few times and looks around then moves away from them. Xander follows, putting the bracelet in his cloak. After a few minutes it stops by the lake and growls loudly and goes over to a small tree that lies against the bank. Resting in it is Leon. The tiger butts up against him then runs off into the woods. He wakes up and sees the three of them and his eyes open wide! "Easy, easy. Your safe. Your mother was worried." Xander's voice is calm and collected. The young boy sits up and yawns and nods "She gonna be so upset!" He stands up, and starts to head back to the village, waving at the three of them as they follow after him.

OOC
Make a Perception Check please.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 92 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 08:30
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha follows Xander's tiger to the treehouse, and she feels relieved as they find the boy. It's not that she likes the best sniffing the little boy as if he was food, but it worked anyway.
"Let's go with your mum, Leon. She was dead worried about you."
She smiles and offers the little boy a hand. She looks around casually, but her attention is with the boy.


08:28, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 12 using 1d20+7. Perception. [roll=1604132927.9546.347974]
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 24 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 16:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet, with great trepidation, follows the group led by this seemingly trained tiger.  He remains silent and observant along the path and happily lets others take the lead.  His curiosity of the following events and concern for the child and his mother keep Hamlet intrigued as he moves along.

OOC
11:50, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 19 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 156 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 22:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The group follows the child along the shoreline (not in the woods) where they found Leon. Tal is stepping down the path with the sylph and human glancing around the area. Off in the distance is the mill using the wheel for power. Leon stops and takes the hand.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 93 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 23:30
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Ok, let's go back to town. We'll tell your mom that you feel asleep, so she won't get upset."
Talitha tries to befriend the little boy so they can all go bat to his mother.
"So why we you here? Is it because you like the treehouse or the lake? Or both?
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 25 posts
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 03:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
*Psst* "Something odd going on over at that mill." nudging Tal.  "Hear that?" he says under his breath.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 94 posts
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 09:49
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha para attention to the noise Hamlet mentions.
"We could have a look at it, but we're here with a kid. We shouldn't put him at risk. Can you get closer and have a look at what it is?"
She whispers. Leon is holding Talitha's hand.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 157 posts
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 13:26
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage decides to head towards the mill hearing the rogue (and had a high perception check).

OOC Got a 23 perception check!

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:04, Sun 01 Nov 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 95 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 11:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stays at a safe distance with the kid holding her hand, while the rest approach the mill.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 26 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 12:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet circles around to the left and attempts to find a spot to hide within 30 feet of the door.

06:53, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 13 using 1d20+8.  Stealth.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 158 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 13:11
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Some distance off along the beach stands the Mill. Xander slowly approaches it with the rogue hiding off somewhere nearbye. He reaches the bridge leading over to it and crosses and comes across the man who is caked with blood and is shivering. Kneeling down to him, he stares at him "What happened?"

The man croaked out, fighting back tears "My brother was sick. He went to bed inside and I thought nothing of it. We all get sick you know? After a few hours of working I checked on him and he just sat there for a moment but when I got close he just went insance. I barely made it outside."

The rogue gets to the bridge and there's no place for him to really hide upon it but he gets across and sits along the far wall hearing this. trying to remain hidden.

The womnan some distance off cannot hear this as Leon presses his hands against hers "Can we go?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:15, Tue 03 Nov 2020.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 96 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 16:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the rogue and the wizard, not hearing what they are talking with the man. She can barely see the man at all, but she assumes they are talking to one.

As Leon presses his hand and asks for his mum, the gunslinger nods.
"Yes, your mum will be happy to see you're back."
She waves at the two others and makes a sign that she's leaving with the boy.
They both head back to the market.
Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 10 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 01:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Colis had spent sometime working on setting up his portable lab in his room at the inn and was very much oblivious to the events currently happening in town. He made his way back down to the common room of the inn and looked around and nodded to the mistress of the inn.

"'scuse, me ma'm, is there any news on the happenings around town?"
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 27 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 13:17
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet begins to circle around the mill, looking for a window.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 159 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 13:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MILL
The mage nods his head "Get back to the village." He narrows his eyes and goes to check the door to see if it is open which it is but he waits for a moment as the man moves as quick as he can back towards the marketplace but he's slow and injured

MARKETPLACE
Still the marketplace is bustling again as the gunslinger and little child approach. He sees his mom and immediatly runs up to her and she holds him tightly. She smiles "Thank you for finding him."

INN
The innkeep shrugs a bit "Not much really. Been a bit quiet but we have had some interesting people come by. I wouldn't be a innkeep if I judged peoples looks before watching someones actions no?" She smiles "How can I help you out? Tea? Ale? Some food?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 97 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 14:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at the mother.
"That's fine. We found him sleeping by the lake. I suppose he fell asleep after playing so much. But he was very worried when he woke up."
Once the boy is with the mother she goes back and waits for the others.
"I should be going, the other two people that were with me stayed at the mill. I'm glad it was everything five at the end."
She goes back to check if the mage and the Rogue are doing ok.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Tue 03 Nov 2020.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 28 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 22:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Carefully, and keeping himself low, Hamlet surveys this area...

OOC:
16:12, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 20 using 1d20+11.  Survival.
16:12, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 16 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 12 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 02:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Aye m'am spiced tea if ye please." Colis sat around and looked casually around the main hall, "Ye wouldn't know of an'job postin's in the village?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 160 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 14:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MILL
The rogue doesn't spot anything odd besides the blood but he notices the blood goes off the side of the bridge near the mill into a small rowboat that has a old blanket covering it.

Inside the mage walks in and finds it to be litterly destroyed. A table is flug across the room, bags of odds and ends are strewn about. It looks like a big mess. There's a spiral staircase leading upwards.

MARKETPLACE
When the gunslinger turns to leave after being thanked, a cart being pulled by two big horses enters the market area. The back of it is fully enclosed. It does look old but sturdy. A old man sits at the reigns as a young halfing drops dwon from the back. His clothes are slightly tattered but seem to be clean and he has a big floppish hat. He hits the side of the wagon as a drape comes down revealing the words 'Feathers and Scales'

OOC General idea:


INN
"Not that I know of. I could use another set of hands here. Maybe Humphree in the marketplace could us a helping hand. Or the smithy. Farmers normally need more help but if your lookin' for pay might want to go elsewhere. They will feed you, give you a place to sleep but that's probably it. Not many places here get any coins. Trade for trade or work for it. Haven't been over to the bookstore lately." The woman goes into the backroom for a moment and then comes back out with a teapot, pouring some spiced tea for the tielfling.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:44, Thu 05 Nov 2020.