(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 59 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 18:27
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet sits silently for a moment on the rooftop, listening to the night time sounds of the village.  Once a bit more comfortable he pulls out his bedroll and makes a comfy spot to lay.  He pulls out an iron ration and nibbles on this and that as he lays back watching the stars twinkle overhead.  He reflects on this odd predicament he finds himself in and the people he's encountered today.  Finding a bit of peace, he drifts off to sleep.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 137 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 19:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a while Talitha looks inside the temple again from the entrance door, checking if both Pike and the widow are ok.
If she sees them she'll nod at them with a smile to confirm that everything is fine.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 220 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 13:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
As the rogue eyes go tired and he drifts off to sleep nothing happen. But the sounds of nature have become less. They are intact but seem almost lost. About a hour passes by. Two hours. He sleeps on the hard ground, trying to find a decent spot in his irratic sleep but its possible. He doses off at times. But then some stirs in the treetops some distance off. Upon occasiona, Hamlet glances down at the ground below. Nothing stirs. Candlelights flicker in some of the buildings that have second floors. Some on the first. But as he peers down he can make out three or four forms. Hard to tell what they are but they are moving at a steady gate. They stop at times.

OOC
Make a Perception Check


TEMPLE: Talitha
Time passes. A hour. Two hours. Some candlelights slight burn in the distance but some are puffed out. Nothing happens. The cleric comes over to the door and motions for the gunslinger come in and rest.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 60 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 14:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Feeling safe enough, Hamlet lays prone at the edge of the roof and casually observes the movements in the distance.

OOC:
08:32, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 14 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 138 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 15:05
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha after a couple of hours keeping an eye to the outside of the temple (or looking at the darkness while listen for weird noises) gets into the temple as Pike comes out and talk to her.
"Do you mind if I stay here tonight as well? I won't be a problem."
Looks around at the windows and the other entrances checking how safe they are inside the temple, afraid to ask the cleric. She doesn't want her to feel like she's undermining her.
"Will the major's... wife stay here as well?"
She looks at her wondering if going back to her house may not be the best idea.
"Tomorrow with more light I'll have a look around town for any more of these people."
She wraps herself in a blanket in one of the corners and gets ready to sleep, with her gun by her side and ready to rest for tonight.

I check the windows and other entrances discretely to see if they are safely locked.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 222 posts
Sat 5 Dec 2020
at 16:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
From what the rogue can tell, they are probably people checking out the area. Soon they go back the way they came but hard to tell where they are going but they do indeed move back. Peering down from a tree is a raven. It stares down at the rogue then flies off.

TEMPLE: Talitha
"I invite you into the temple, only for you to check what I have already done with the windows and doors. They are fine and yes you may. You need it, I provide it." The gnome lowers her head and sighs then looks up, feeling rather tired "Of course she is staying here. Going back to her home is unwise. Even she knows this. Tommorow, we will deal with her husband." As the gunslinger lies down, Pike makes sure she has enough blankets. The wife is just sitting on a pew, staring down. It doesn't seem like she is crying but from a distance, its hard to make out. The candlelight flickers throughout the area. The cleric sits near the main door "Rest. I will remain awake in case anyone else wants in. Look, I'm not trying to get on your case but with all that is happening...." She takes a deep breath "I'm sorry." Her voice is quiet.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 139 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 6 Dec 2020
at 23:32
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"I apologise for my behaviour. I'll try not to insult you with my behaviour anymore. I am grateful that you are helping me with a place to stay."
She wraps herself into a blanket in the corner where she's staying.
"Good night Pike. And good night ma'am. Please take me up if you need me for anything."
Talitha tries to sleep. When she closes her eyes today's deaths run over again in her mind. She eventually falls asleep.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 61 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2020
at 04:57
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As Hamlet drifts off to sleep, he wonders if that raven was behaving naturally...

OOC:
22:56, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 11 using 1d20+9.  Knowledge nature.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 224 posts
Tue 15 Dec 2020
at 01:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
All is silent for a moment as the rogue drifts off to sleep. The bird seemed to be ordinary, not really acting funny or strange. Several hours pass. Everything seems calm and daytime slowly begins to form as dawn comes. No one comes out to the square. Its a ghost town.

TEMPLE: Talitha
The night moves forwards. All is silent and Pike blows out the candles. A few hours pass and slowly the daylight forms through the windows. The gunslinger notices some of the windows have been boarded up, probably when she was asleep. There's no sign of the cleric or the mayor's wife. Dawn has come.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 140 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Tue 15 Dec 2020
at 22:58
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha gets ready and moves to the main entrance. Once there she listens to the other side and if there is no word noise coming from the other side she'll try to open the door and have a look outside.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 62 posts
Wed 16 Dec 2020
at 03:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet stands up and stretches.  He looks around and moves to the edge of the building where he sits, legs dangling off the roof and waits for anyone to come around.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 227 posts
Mon 28 Dec 2020
at 01:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As the rogue awakens, he notices several people moving towards where the cleric and gunslinger took off to but cannot see where from this point of view. Perhaps if he was higher it would add to it but hard to tell. Down below he also notices four slow moving creatures moving towards the inn. He spots some people looking out of some of the second floor windows and some are boarded up on the first for protection. Soon the four creature slam against the walls and some on the main door. Its hard to make out anything else but Hamlet can make out something moving through the alleyways.

Tal doesn't hear anything odd. She slowly opens the door and can make out coming from the main marketplace four moving forms. They move erratically and not really towards the temple as if searching for someone or something. Two of them fumble and fall in the dirt and slowly get back up.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 143 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 12:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha sees the group of people moving oddly and she fears that these are more of the sick people they fought yesterday.
She looks at them, trying to figure out of she's seen them before (and therefore are doing from town) or are from out of town.
Then she decides to leave and explore the area. She plans to move stealthy towards the market Square and then the inn to find either the rogue, Xendar or the cleric (hopefully the three of them).

11:55, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 17 using 1d20+8. Perception recognise the group of people.

12:00, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 24 using 1d20+5.  Stealth.


After looking at the people outside roaming in the street, Talitha decides too go back to the temple. Already with the weapon in her hand she gets into the temple and starts checking the rest of the rooms looking for Pike. She moves quietly avoiding making unnecessary noise, but not being stealthy.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:14, Sun 03 Jan.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 232 posts
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 00:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The woman makes out a familiar sight-the rogue. But he moves slowly, gripping his belly. As he gets closer, he has blood stains all over his body and half his mouth is gone! Seeing the gunslinger it charges but gets to her just as she slams the door closed. The howling sound comes over the door as he tries to get in.

Pike rushes out from the storage, gripping her mage. She looks out of a boarded up window and sees the creatures approaching "What did you do?" The gnome turns on the gunslinger "What did you do? I heard the door slam shut. You know not to go outside." She takes a deep breath, trying to keep her cool "I'm sorry. With all that is gong on you need to think. Just...." She ponders "I am sorry. We don't know what those people are if they are people. Or if they can talk. Or...." She goes to rest a hand on the side of Tal.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 146 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 15:09
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha rushes into the building and add she closes the door turns at Pine with her face completely pale.
"What happened while I was sleeping? Yesterday evening that man seemed completely fine, and now he's gone... Sick as the others."
She tries to organise her thoughts in her mind for a second. "Yesterday there were those attacks in the market square and we found some others just outside town. Did the plague progress during the night?... I was yesterday night outside and all seemed so calmed."
She breathes and tries to pull herself together. "How many new sick people have you seen since yesterday? maybe these are the only ones besides the ones in the market. If I can get to high ground we can put them down safely. Is there a way to the roof?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 236 posts
Sun 14 Feb 2021
at 11:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Will you stop acting like I know what we are facing? You ask a lot of questions and expect answers. Answers I do not have so just -stop-. I know as little as you do. It seems you just pick people and berate them all because you are so insecure!" Pike seems to have had it. She waves a hand up under the gunslingers chin "I do not know and it is hard to keep track of everyone I have seen." The gnome lowers her hand "Also, there's probably more then what you have. We don't know if there is some sort of cure and what has caused this. Now you want to shoot them down?" Pike doesn't calm down. She's tired and aggrivated by Talitha "We don't even know if it is even a plaque or what it is. By acting like what you believe is one thing but may end up being another is that right?" She steps back "No it isn't. I am at a loss for words. We are stuck in the temple and by assulting me with questions I have no answer to, is that right? No it isn't." She's able to get her cool back but barely, staring at the woman.

The mayor's wife slowly enters, but she is silent. Her face caked with tears.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 149 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Tue 16 Feb 2021
at 23:06
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks surprised by the words of the cleric. She doesn't know what to answer to those words, so she says nothing and moves away from her slowly.
Then when she sees the mayor's widow entering the room in tears she approaches her. She doubts for a second if saying anything at all, but finally she just says "I'm sorry ma'am... Can I do anything for you? Some water or food? it might do you some good."
In her mind she is still wondering what they'll do next if they have those people surrounding the building.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 247 posts
Sat 6 Mar 2021
at 19:44
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The cleric walks away, as she said what needed to be said in her eyes at least. The widow looks over at Tal "I want my husband back. Can you do that? Back to the way he was. Back to the strong man I know....." She continues to cry. Pike looks out the window and glances back at Tal and the widow but she just goes back to looking out probably pondering.

The door is slammed into several times. Pike goes into the side room and comes out with some old boards and places them in the doorway like a makeshift lock in case they somehow get in.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 151 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sat 6 Mar 2021
at 23:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"I'm afraid I can't do that ma'am. I'm sorry."
Talitha leaves the woman be. There is nothing she can do for her in her current state.
The gunslinger moves around the building, trying to find where the other rooms lead to, and if there is any stairs leading to the roof. She wants to gain high vision to check the surroundings and if possible see what's going on around the building.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 250 posts
Sun 14 Mar 2021
at 03:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gunslinger finds a storage room for the temple as well as a kitchen area, and the priests room probably used by the widow and Pike. She is able to find a small staircase that leads to the roof and upon looking around she is about twenty feet up. There seems to be no way of getting to her from her position. She is able to look around the area, seeing some buildings nearbye and several people moving around in odd formations as well as about fifteen people near the temple. Some are banging on the door, some are slamming against the windows. It seems they are safe for now.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 152 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 14 Mar 2021
at 13:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha moves around the roof area, inspecting the surroundings checking for any options to leave the building without getting surrounded by the people outside.
She checks for other buildings nearby in case it's possible to jump from one to another.
'Maybe I can lurk the one with the bow and face him alone. I'll need a silent weapon if I want to move unnoticed...' she thinks to herself. She looks for the man she met the other day, or whatever he's right now.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 251 posts
Sun 14 Mar 2021
at 14:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The nearest building thats not on level is some distance off-the temple has a gravesite along the sides of it but not the front. Its too far to jump and if she tried she's surely not make it. The man she saw before-Hamlet isn't visible for a moment but he becomes visible walking away from the temple, a odd gate from him.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 154 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Thu 18 Mar 2021
at 14:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks around and see no way of getting out of the building using the roof. She will need to use the streets, that are currently packed with more attackers.
She sees the man that yesterday was using his now. She knows that firing her gun will only bring more attention, so she needs something more stealthy.

If the man is carrying the bow and the arrows, she'll look for a pebble or something similar. She'll aim and throw it to the man.

She wants him to come back to the building, and hopefully get his weapons from a safe position. Maybe lure him into a lonely side of the building, kill him and then pick his bow & arrows. She leaves on the roof her backpack so she's not encumbered and searches for a way to climb down and up again to the roof.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 253 posts
Sun 21 Mar 2021
at 01:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Several of the villagers begin to get closer to the temple. They don't apparently see the gunslinger upon the roof and some start to hit the walls of it. The rogue seems to be gone. From the last she saw him he seemed unarmed and without the bow. As she looks around and is about to go down, she sees someone on the top of a building. And there are others moving around but its hard to tell if they are people or something else.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 155 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 21 Mar 2021
at 09:27
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha moves away from the edge of the building so the ones under it does not she her. She does not want to draw unnecessary attention.

Then from a place that is visible from the roofs but not (so easily) from the floor she stands up and waves her hands, signalling the others in the other buildings.

She then waits to see the response. If it is friendly or not. Anyway, it seems that she will eventually need to leave the building, as a considerable amount of people is gathering around the building and trying to break in.