(IC) The Forest.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Torbin Copperpot
 Gnome Paladin, 25 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 02:41
(IC) The Forest
Torbin smiles at Ni'enne and joins in her flanking maneuver and attacks the beast again!

OOC:
20:33, Today: Torbin Copperpot rolled 16 (+3 if evil, +2 if flanking) using 1d20+6.  Attack wolf creature.
20:38, Today: Torbin Copperpot rolled 7 using 1d6+2 (+2 holy damage if evil).  Shortsword damage.

Ni'enne Talbot
 Catfolk Rogue, 25 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 04:11
(IC) The Forest
Snarling, Ni'enne sinks both claws into the wolf's back, sinking them each as deep as she can before pulling free.

OOC: 9+9=18 damage total, +2 AC from Offensive Defense.
23:08, Today: Ni'enne Talbot rolled 9 using 1d4+1+1d6.
23:08, Today: Ni'enne Talbot rolled 9 using 1d4+1+1d6.  Claw damage with sneak attack.
23:06, Today: Ni'enne Talbot rolled 24 using 1d20+8.
23:06, Today: Ni'enne Talbot rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  Claw attack with flanking bonus.

Narrator
 GM, 268 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 13:30
(IC) The Forest
The catfolk tears into the back of the wolf. Despite most of the wounds doing some damage, the reletentless attacks seems to be too much for the beast and the collapses to the ground. Rik winces at his wound, holding the blade out and nods a thank you to the group. The druid lies upon the flood, beheaded.

OOC
Make a Perception check.

Lorelei Stargazer
 Half-Elf Witch, 64 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 17:51
(IC) The Forest
Trying to catch her breath, Lorelei's eyes fill with tears for the dead druid. She picks up the cloak she dropped, trying to stop her tears so she can help others.

Lorelei Stargazer rolled 20 using 1d20+2.  Perception.
Torbin Copperpot
 Gnome Paladin, 27 posts
Fri 6 Nov 2020
at 18:22
(IC) The Forest
Torbin hasps deeply as the wolf falls and quickly turns his attention to Rikkan.  He rushes to his side and places his hands over the wounds and closes his eyes as he releases divine energy into his body.

OOC:
12:20, Today: Torbin Copperpot rolled 10 using 2d6.  Lay on Hands.
12:17, Today: Torbin Copperpot rolled 15 using 1d20+4.  Perception.

Ni'enne Talbot
 Catfolk Rogue, 30 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 22:06
(IC) The Forest
Ni'enne carefully, silently slips into the other room, wanting to make sure there's no additional threat.


17:05, Today: Ni'enne Talbot rolled 22 using 1d20+13.  Stealth.
00:54, Fri 06 Nov: Ni'enne Talbot rolled 16 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:06, Tue 10 Nov 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 272 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 00:00
(IC) The Forest
Rikkan blinks as the paladin heals him and he looks shocked but after realizing what he did, he nods his head! The group can hear something muttering something and the rogue slips into the next room!

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:02, Wed 11 Nov 2020.

Torbin Copperpot
 Gnome Paladin, 29 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 02:04
(IC) The Forest
Torbin raises his shield and quickly follows.
Narrator
 GM, 273 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 15:41
(IC) The Forest
The magus follows, motioning the others to do the same as he follows the rogue and paladin.

They enter the room and its small, maybe 10'x10'. It looks like a broom closet. Upon the ground is blood scattered around and a small girl is against the wall, her hands are bound and her mouth has a gag. Her eyes go wide and she looks at them. Her body is cut and bruised.
Ni'enne Talbot
 Catfolk Rogue, 31 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 18:29
(IC) The Forest
Ni'enne exposes her claws without hesitation, swiftly and precisely cutting through the bindings.

"Are you hurt, little one?" she asks.
Lorelei Stargazer
 Half-Elf Witch, 65 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 17:22
(IC) The Forest
Lorelei moves forward quickly as well. Kneeling beside Ni'enne, she is still holding the cloak.
Narrator
 GM, 275 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 17:27
(IC) The Forest
Pulling out the gag, the girl is sobbing. She tries to calm down, as Rik peers out from behind the catfolk. She looks at all of them, unsure of really anything at the moment. The girl looks at the cloak for a moment but doesn't reach out for it, sniffling "Where...where's my grandma?" Her entire body has cuts, scrapes and bruises and her left eye is slightly swollen shut. She looks like a mess.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:29, Mon 16 Nov 2020.

Torbin Copperpot
 Gnome Paladin, 30 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 22:11
(IC) The Forest
Slipping past the others, Torbin smiles at the young lady and offers his hand...  "Do you mind dear?  I'd like to heal you if that's ok?"

OOC:
16:10, Today: Torbin Copperpot rolled 5 using 2d6.  Lay on Hands.

Lorelei Stargazer
 Half-Elf Witch, 66 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 20:50
(IC) The Forest
Still kneeling, she let Torbin get close to help the girl. "Sweetie, who tied you up and hurt you?" she asks, suspecting she knows the answer.
Ni'enne Talbot
 Catfolk Rogue, 32 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 21:21
(IC) The Forest
Seeing that the girl is in more compassionate hands than hers, Ni'enne heads back to the other room and examines the corpse of the wolf. She is looking for signs of what might have happened - was the grandmother eaten? Is there anything they can do?

OOC:
Take 10 on Perception for a 16.  Then, if nothing else pressing happens, start examining the room in greater detail (taking 20 to eventually get a 26).

Narrator
 GM, 277 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 13:40
(IC) The Forest
"I don't know. I woke up and I was in here. Last thing I remember was sitting with my grandma drinking tea." The girl tries to get away from the paladin but she's weak and he can easily heal her up. She bites her lip.
Torbin Copperpot
 Gnome Paladin, 31 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 17:38
(IC) The Forest
Torbin smiles and pulls away, guarding the door.
Narrator
 GM, 280 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 16:49
(IC) The Forest
The catfolk takes the stew she found and goes outside. From everyone besides the catfolk, they hear something being poured out and Ni re-enters the house with the now empty stew pot. She goes to gut the wolf-like creature in front of the paladin.

In the closet, Rik tries to cheer up the young girl and sits next to her. He goes pet her head and she looks rather confused as the witch watches. The girl seems to calm down and slowly stands up, the magus goes to help her up. She stares at him and bites her lip "Thanks..."
Torbin Copperpot
 Gnome Paladin, 32 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 00:50
(IC) The Forest
Torbin listens to the conversation while continuing to guard the door of the house.
Ni'enne Talbot
 Catfolk Rogue, 33 posts
Tue 1 Dec 2020
at 00:30
(IC) The Forest
Ni'enne looks over to make sure the adults are shielding the child's view from the wolf. She then turns to the corpse and swallows, wishing she had brought a knife and gloves along for this sort of grisly work.

Resolutely, she digs a claw into the flesh of the wolf's gut and pulls downward, beginning the task of seeing what the creature ate.
Narrator
 GM, 282 posts
Sat 5 Dec 2020
at 17:13
(IC) The Forest
"Outside?" The mouseling takes the childs hand and she pauses and nods her head as they step outside providing the catfolk the needed insurance so the girl doesn't have to witness it.

Inside, the catfolk as best as possible rips into the creature's flesh. It takes time but the wolf is gutted and the grandmother covered in gore is there. She is not breathing.
Lorelei Stargazer
 Half-Elf Witch, 67 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2020
at 03:07
(IC) The Forest
Realizing that they were trying to shield the young girl, Lorelei stood up as well. She watches them go outside, then steps over to the wolf.

Her face goes pale. "Is, is there not we can do for her?" she whispered. She took a moment to see if she could get her to breath.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:00, Sat 12 Dec 2020.

Torbin Copperpot
 Gnome Paladin, 33 posts
Fri 11 Dec 2020
at 01:15
(IC) The Forest
Torbin follows the girl outside and stands near them defensively, shield at the ready.  "Do you live nearby young lady?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:51, Wed 16 Dec 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 284 posts
Wed 16 Dec 2020
at 00:08
(IC) The Forest
Frustrated with what is going on, the rogue decides to leave. She bids goodbye and departs into the wilds, unsure of where she will end up but she gives the woman a curing potion which brings her to life. With the loss of the druid and rogue, the group is somewhat depeleted but they had what is needed.

The magus enters with the young girl and seeing the grandmother breathing heavily, Rik's eyes open wide as the girl runs over to her grandmother and gives her a long needed hug.
Lorelei Stargazer
 Half-Elf Witch, 68 posts
Fri 18 Dec 2020
at 21:27
(IC) The Forest
Lorelei breathes a sigh of relief as the Grandmother is revived. She lets the two hug, then offers the cloak to the girl.

"This be your cloak, little one. Ye'll be needin' it."