(IC) Helgan: Execution.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Amaranth Odran
 Dunmar Bard, 46 posts
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 17:09
(IC) Helgan: Execution
"I believe he's safe," Amaranth said in Draconic to Kaszuk. He nodded to Rolof in recognition, "Good to have you back."

He once again took up the spot just before Emelia as they continued on.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 134 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2020
at 15:40
(IC) Helgan: Execution
With the ranger up front for his tracking skills followed by the others they go down the hallway. Its at a slope as it leads further down. When they get to the bottom, its another wall then moves off to the right. The argonian stops at times but there's no hint of why and nothing seems odd. As they get to the bottom, the sound of water can be heard but the argonian stops. Ahead it seems there's a lot of spider webs strewn across the area. Bones are tossed all about the area, some have some old meat upon them. Roloff sticks to the rear, knowing going ahead was not a smart move as they already lost two already.
Emelia Jerod
 Human Sorcerer, 50 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 01:42
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Emelia nodded in greeting when they had freed Gantar and said, "I'm glad we could help you.  I'm Emelia."  She made introductions for the others to Gantar and then said, "We'd better get going before more guards come down here...or that dragon finds it's way here."

As they made their wasy further Emilia stayed towards the back of the group and watched for any trouble that her spells might be needed to help deal with.
Gantar Daquinal
 Bosmar Magus, 7 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 11:00
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Gantar looks at Emelia "Dragons?"
He doesn't understand, but he agrees on moving and get out as soon as possible.
He sees the webs and with the longsword in his hand he moves forward cleaning them with the blade.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 135 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 13:06
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Kas puts his hand up before the sword hits the webbing. The argonian motions upwards. Upon the webbing there is a big spider not really moving. Waiting. Several other smaller spiders sit within it.

In Draconic: Silent. Avoid webs.
Amaranth Odran
 Dunmar Bard, 48 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 13:37
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Amaranth translates what Kaszuk says for Gantar in a whisper and adds, "We'll tell you all about the dragon in a minute. First, let's get out of this."
Gantar Daquinal
 Bosmar Magus, 8 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 22:46
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Gantar slowly switch the sword to the bow. "Shall we get rid of them before they fall over our heads?"
He tenses an arrow in the bow and waits for the rest to get ready and attack at the same time.
Emelia Jerod
 Human Sorcerer, 51 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 18:21
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Emelia shook her head when asked about the dragon or killing the spiders and said very softly, "Later and no.  Be very quiet and avoid the webs."  Emelia began to follow after Kas as quietly and cautiously as she could.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 140 posts
Sat 10 Oct 2020
at 12:11
(IC) Helgan: Execution
The larger spider shifts but doesn't really move. It moves the web and the other spiders move slightly. Its hard to say if they saw the adventurers.

3 Dexterity Checks (Not reflex) or 3 Acrobatics Checks-whichever is higher.
Kaszuk Kimbatuul
 Argonian Ranger, 13 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 14:36
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Though not skillfully, the ranger gets to the other side, hitting some of the webs and pausing to see what happens. The spiders above don't move. He waits on the other side, hissing for a moment then goes silent.
Gantar Daquinal
 Bosmar Magus, 13 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 15:03
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Gantar looks how the argonian makes it to the other side of the webs. He follows him trying to step on the same places and making the same movements.

After a couple of minutes he gets to the other side and the spiders apparently do not react.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 143 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2020
at 23:40
(IC) Helgan: Execution
The last of the group-the bard and sorcerer look like they hit the webbing but still nothing moved. They get to the other side and the lizardfolk makes a odd hiss and he keeps moving for several moments. It seems like the further they get the area becomes more natural. They get to a decent area, with about 20' up. It has a slow moving river flowing through it. Near the group there's a table with two chairs. Across the river which is about twenty feet wide it goes down further. The entire area is about 80 around with the center being the river. There seems to be no one else in the room.
Gantar Daquinal
 Bosmar Magus, 14 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 09:38
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Gantar has a closer look at the table. Is there anything on the table? Has it been used recently? What does it look like the people would be doing here? Guarding an exit?
Whitepaw Moonvision
 Khajit Oracle, 47 posts
 Khajit Oracle
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 18:36
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Whitepaw looks around the rooms as best he can but stays close to the others.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 144 posts
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 18:54
(IC) Helgan: Execution
The table is empty as well as the chairs. The river continues to flow across the room, a small area along the opposite side but hard to tell if there's a way down. The argonian adjusts his gear, making sure its all strapped down and moves into the water. After a few inches, the man goes below the surface.
Gantar Daquinal
 Bosmar Magus, 15 posts
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 22:30
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Gantar approaches the place where the lizard disappeared and kneels trying to find if there is any sign (positive or negative) of the argonian.
He gets really to follow him if he comes back, making sure the few hear he's got will stay with him if he gets into the water as well.
Amaranth Odran
 Dunmar Bard, 51 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 03:37
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Amaranth takes a look at the water and unstraps his armor. The argonian's refusal to communicate with them was problematic, but at least his actions were clear enough. "Likely, it's our only way out. I'd doff your armor and secure your gear," he said to the team at large, "Gods, I hope I don't drown."
Gantar Daquinal
 Bosmar Magus, 17 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 13:33
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Gantar steps back as he sees something in the stream. He points at something heading to the other shore of the river.
He warns the others. "I think he's coming back... Or at least there is something heading to the other shore... I hope it's him."
He gets ready to move away if it's not the argonian. He holds his bow ready and tells the others.
"If it's not him, get ready in case what it emerges it's not friendly."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:48, Tue 20 Oct 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 149 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 00:59
(IC) Helgan: Execution
The argonian comes back up and is upon the other shore. He glances around, eyes narrowed and looks back at the others. Kas waits where he is, pulling out his bow and notching an arrow.

Next is Em. Having little gear, she decides to go across. About 10' she is pushed down the river. Kas follows her and grabs the back of her old dirty vest and hoists her to the other side. The argonian stares at her and then waits for the others.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:59, Fri 23 Oct 2020.

Amaranth Odran
 Dunmar Bard, 52 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 01:40
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Realizing that the river will pull him, he moves to enter as far up as he can before entering and trying to cross.

[OOC: 20:59, Today: Amaranth Odran rolled 7 using 1d20+3.  Swim Check.]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:00, Fri 23 Oct 2020.

Gantar Daquinal
 Bosmar Magus, 18 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 07:22
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Gantar looks at the river, it looks like the stream is not moving too fast, but he really can't tell until he gets in, specially now wearing the armour.
He moves a few feet upstream, taking into consideration that he'll probably be dragged by the water a few feet the opposite direction and gets into the water.
"This water is freezing."
And starts to swim to the other side.

08:23, Today: Gantar Daquinal rolled 22 using 1d20+2 ((20)).

This message was last edited by the player at 07:24, Fri 23 Oct 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 151 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 11:44
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Growling and hissing comes from the lizardfolk as he easily literally throws the bard up onto the short, landing on its back hard. Kaz walks by him, as the magus easily gets across the river and climbs up.
Whitepaw Moonvision
 Khajit Oracle, 50 posts
 Khajit Oracle
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 18:07
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Whitepaw drops the chain armor he was caring and starts climbing the walls to get round the river.
Gantar Daquinal
 Bosmar Magus, 20 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 19:42
(IC) Helgan: Execution
He gives Kaz a head start and after a few seconds he follows. The argonian looks like he can manage himself well enough and he doesn't need anyone drawing attention while he scouts.
Nods at the rest so they are all together in a group and noone gets lost.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 156 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 19:47
(IC) Helgan: Execution
Finding a spot to climb up, Whitecloak climbs up. He grabs a decent spot to hold onto, hands clenching up trying to get a good grasp and a massive boulder slams down, pinning the oracle and both slam hard down into the depths. Kaz dives down and for a long moment everything seems paused. The argonian gets back up to the surface, hissing and shaking his head. He grabs the two chain shirts, moves across the water and holds one to the bard.

He starts to head further down, holding his spear. If nothing else, the group moves further. The group does feel a breeze coming from down the tunnel. Kaz stops for a moment.

Roloff stands next to the argonian, nodding to him and gripping his mace. He tosses the other set of armor to the magus.

OOC
Make a Perception check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:20, Mon 26 Oct 2020.